Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Neuroscience Electrical Engineer at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Organize and oversee a structured approach to setting up the recording system in the patient’s room so neurophysiological data is in the appropriate format and is of sufficient quality for subsequent processing
- Oversee, organize, and maintain electrophysiology recording equipment for patient testing
- Organize patient testing, perform patient testing tasks, and train new lab personnel on patient testing
- Lead the development and/or improvement of hardware and software infrastructure for capturing, sorting, and organizing neural activity from individual neurons (action potentials) recorded using implanted microelectrode arrays
- Lead the development and/or improvement of hardware and software infrastructure for providing direct electrical stimulation of the human brain using a commercially available stimulation device
- Lead the development and/or improvement of software infrastructure for acquiring neurophysiological data in real-time in order to provide closed-loop control of stimulation and/or the games used in memory testing
- Coordinate with the lab data engineer to develop and maintain software infrastructure for collecting and maintaining human intracranial neural data
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Manage and maintain lab administrative duties, including but not limited to, coordinating and submitting lab purchases, shipping/receiving lab supplies, managing and preparing computing equipment for current and new lab personnel, etc.
- Coordinate lab-related Information Technology requests and issues
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master’s, degree in Neuroscience, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Background/Experience with the following is preferred: computer hardware, electrophysiological recording equipment, electrical engineering, patient testing
- Fluency with software development
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with software development
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients.
We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.