Huddle House is unique in their communities; a special bond grows between team members in the restaurants and members of the community, a bond not seen in most other chain restaurants. Our Company Purpose reflects this unique element of the Huddle House dining experience:
Bringing Friends and Families Together, over Delicious Food, Served from the Heart.
- Commitment to Excellence
- Work Hard
- Make a Difference
- Have Fun
Huddle House, Inc. (HHI) is a full-service family restaurant chain, well-known for serving “Any Meal. Any Time.” The core values on which Huddle House was founded in 1964 – Bringing Friends and Family Together, Over Delicious Food, Served from the Heart – remain intact today. The Atlanta-based franchisor owns its own Distribution Center and has nearly 400 franchise- and 30 corporate-owned locations across 21 states, primarily in the Southeast and Central U.S.
The Restaurant Assistant Manager will oversee the management of the restaurant staff. The incumbent will be responsible for managing employee relations, creating staffing schedules, training staff members, and working closely with the General Manager. This person will be expected to provide excellent customer service and will be a strong teammate to our franchise partner.
- Ensure that each customer is completely satisfied during their visit. Guest satisfaction is your number one priority. Handle guest complaints with genuine concern and empathy.
- Manage the team including employee relations issues, recommendations for hiring and termination, and training.
- Meet or exceed budgets while focusing cost of goods sold and EBITDA.
- Complete all daily paperwork at the unit level including sales reports, red book information, shift inventories and all other necessary paperwork to insure the profitability of the unit.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation in your unit at all times.
- Complete monthly inspection of unit using the Unit Inspection form in the red Book.
- Create budgeted staffing schedules with the General Manager using historical data.
- Hold monthly meeting with all employees to discuss any relevant information they need to assist in the running of the unit.
- Establish a visible presence in the community by visiting businesses, churches, civic organizations etc. to drive business and increase sales.
- Enforce all brands standards, company policies and procedures.
- Represent the company, with professionalism at all times. Treat all employees with dignity and respect.
- Manage the HR function at the unit level. Assist the General Manager in ensuring that all new hire paperwork, time sheets and payroll data, disciplinary actions, and personal data sheets are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Train all levels of staff in proper operations of the unit for POS systems, back of house functions to all levels of front of house operations including Customer Service and all positional duties (as needed and constant).
- Notify the General Manager or District Manager of any hurdles to your success.
- 2-3 years of experience in daily restaurant operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all hourly associates
- Ability to cover all shifts during the normal operation of the unit
- Previous restaurant experience required
- Current ServSafe Certification
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.