This position is responsible for setting and maintaining Vendor Managed Inventory onsite at our customers facilities. The VMI Specialist delivers and puts away product, as well as maintains a clean and organized work area within the customer facility.
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits for Full-time Employees & their Families!
- Paid Time Off – start accruing on day one!
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Free Life Insurance
- Partner Discounts (Ford, Verizon, Harley Davidson and more!)
ESSENTIAL DUTIONS & RESPONSIBITLIES include the following and all other duties assigned:
- Scans and stocks inventory at the customer’s place of business. Fills bins on site and maintains proper inventor levels for location with little excess.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems regarding VMI business
- Builds and maintains customer relationships
- Transports product to customers.
- Looks for additional product Würth can supply and forwards leads to appropriate departments.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement such as: bin quantities, new parts, inventory turns, etc.
- Follows all Company Fleet Policies and Procedures.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Places orders to replenish customers’ inventory.
- Delivers product accurately and completely to bins and puts inventory away per customers’ and Company’s requirements.
- Addresses issues or concerns brought up by customers on site as well as communicates issues and concerns to appropriate internal departments.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with at VMI programs, Customer Service, Driver or experience in a similar position preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, ability to obtain a DOT Medical Certificate and meet the requirements for driver selection as outlined in the Fleet Policy. Some positions require a CDL. Must maintain a clean driving record and be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Ability to establish, build and maintain positive relationships with customers, respond promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback, manage difficult customer situations.
- Must have the inherent ability to be a team player who readily adapts to change.
- Needs to be a highly functional self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills .
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend documents such as training instructions, shipping tickets, procedure manuals, etc. at a fast pace.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide accurately and efficiently.
- Must pass Forklift training and maintain Forklift certification.
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 lbs, frequent lifting of 40-60 lbs. Requires a lot of walking on a concrete surface .
- Work is performed in customer’s facilities and will have a wide range of work conditions, including summer and winter driving conditions.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Würth Industry North America Key facts:
- 110+ locations across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
- More than 2,600 employees
- More than 420,000 standard parts
- Part of the Würth Group, $15B+, which operates over 400 companies in more than 80 countries and has more than 79,000 employees
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
The Wurth Industry North America group of companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Wurth will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.