SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Director (RN) Trauma Services.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Director (RN) Trauma Services
Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services.
What you will do in this role:
- Coordination of trauma care, with the Trauma Medical Director (TMD), Administration, Department Directors and staff, from ED admission through operative intervention(s), ICU care, stabilization, rehabilitation care, and discharge.
- Rounds on trauma patients and initiates the quality review while patient is still in the hospital, if applicable.
- Reviews trauma transfers within seven days from date of service.
- Coordinates Multi-disciplinary Trauma Committee with the Trauma Medical Director and actively oversees the PI program through loop closure.
- Prepares routine monthly statistics, as well as, statistical reports relating to current issues/inquiries.
- Maintains readiness for trauma re-designation.
- Oversees the Trauma Registrar and/or functions as the Trauma Registrar within the guidelines established by the Texas Trauma Registry. Ensures all data is appropriately entered and transmitted
- Attends at least two Texas Trauma Director’s Forum in Austin on an annual basis
- Attends TRAC Meetings quarterly as well as TRAC Committee meetings according to specified TRAC attendance by-laws.
What qualification you will need:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, Master's Degree preferred
2 years experience in Emergency Department and/or Critical Care required
Previous experience as a Trauma Nurse Director preferred
Current licensure as a registered nurse by the State of Texas
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
TNCC instructor certification preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.