Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job offer.Work Schedule:
Variable work schedule. Work hours may often exceed 30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client needs. Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred..
This position requires travel around the local area (serving Orange County, Los Angeles, and surrounding area); depending upon customer assignment.
The Installer III installs and de-installs modular furniture systems as directed by Supervisor. This position may be called upon to run small install and move projects. In addition, this position physically lifts, carries and/or pushes furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to and from trucks, offices and warehouses as requested by the customer. Responsible to load and unload trucks from loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates. May assist in setting & offsetting goods on equipment. Responsible to produce a quality move for the customer. Assists the install/move process by communicating with supervisors, the end users/customer and other crew members. Uses extreme care not to damage goods or facilities during the move.
This position is also responsible for reporting and escalating any related issues about the job to the Supervisor, Lead Foreman or Project Manager. Typically obtains daily site work role assignments from the Supervisor, Lead Foreman or Project Manager, however has a dotted line to the Dispatcher, Operations Supervisor and directly reports to the Operations Manager.Position ResponsibilitiesAccount Assignments
Maintenance and Repair
- Checks for start time (for next day's work schedule) with dispatch daily.
- Arrives at Corovan dispatch office (or on-site), in complete uniform every day.
- Obtains daily work assignments from dispatch or operations manager.
- Sets, offsets, pushes, pulls, lifts, carries and moves furniture, equipment and boxes as required.
- Installs and de-installs systems walls and splines, components and trim. Installs and de-installs shelving and racking systems.
- Inventory all major brands of systems furniture.
- Handles and stages product, performs detail work and trash-out functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging locations and changes.
- Properly loads and unloads trucks from loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved and supervises others doing the same. Completes all paperwork accurately and neatly and turns into operations daily.
- Perform minor repairs and cleaning of furniture systems on site.
- Complete red-line and stick drawings as needed.
- Completes accurate and timely paperwork including timesheets, bills of lading, tick sheets, inventories and disposal forms.
- Maintain excellent customer service with the customers, transportation and operation teams to establish solid relationships.
- Must be punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, inform the supervisor and warehouse manager immediately, so that appropriate coverage can be arranged.
- Must work cooperatively with members of the crew.
- Must be courteous, helpful, and professional to all existing and potential customers.
- Must be respectful of rules at each customer site as to where to work, and adhere to meal and rest period locations.
- Must follow all confidentiality rules regarding any products or services that are visible at a customer's move site.
- Must follow all security rules for the company and assigned customers.
- Train Installer I & II employees under the direction of the supervisor.
- Performs work with quality, efficiency and safety at all times.
- Must abide by all safety rules; to include proper safety gear (back braces, safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, masks and/or gloves, etc. as required by the customer or by law), drive forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds, ensuring trucks are chalked and using proper plates, etc.).
- Report any unsafe dangerous requests from customers to senior management.
- Sign timesheets daily signifying your start, meal periods and end time daily, and other documentation is completed accurately and turned in by the time requirement.
- If also a qualified and approved driver, drives trucks up to and including Class A vehicles.
All other duties as assigned based on business needs.Basic Qualifications
Pay & Benefits
- High School Diploma and/or general education degree (GED); or one to two (1-2) year's related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid California driver's license may be required
- If driving on behalf of company, a valid driving record that meets the company's insurance carrier's requirements.
- Three (3) years of warehouse/moving and/or furniture installation experience required, using various moving equipment and its proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates, and all specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, and J bars
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long periods as needed throughout the day.
- Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 75 pounds, and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone, email, text and in person.
- Sitting: May be required to sit at desk. May sit for long periods of time.
- May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day.
- May be required to do stair carries.
Upon offer, the Company conducts a comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.