Are you looking to join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time? The Novant Health Provider Float Pool
is looking for a compassionate, caring CardiologyAdvanced Practice Provider.
We are looking for a provider who will be available for nursing calls on Cardiology service patients, address acute issues on Cardiology patients (primary or consulting service), perform Cardiology consults from 7pm-7am (urgent consults only after 3am), admit patients to Cardiology service if needed (primary CCU admissions, STEMI/Ventricular arrhythmia, high grade heart block, cardiogenic shock) and perform selective medical services under the direction of practice physicians. Since this role will primarily be from 7pm to 7am, there will always be a backup on call cardiologist available for questions or to come in for assistance if needed as well as an interventional Cardiologist on call for acute interventions (LHC, temp wire placement, Impella placement/repositioning).
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth. Join our team!
Our expert clinicians provide the latest heart and vascular tests, and surgical and non-surgical treatment options — from prevention and medication management to pacemaker implantation, minimally invasive repairs and open-heart surgery. Novant Health benefits:
Novant Health Medical Group:
- NH Medical Group employed
- System wide EHR-Epic
- One of the largest medical groups in the nation.
- Offers resiliency training for providers and team members to prevent burnout.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- Established the ODYSSEY program to enhance the new physician and APP experience by empowering our providers to connect, explore and evolve within a culture of continuous learning and teamwork to build a high performing provider network.
- Instituted an APP Council that partners with leaders to improve APP clinical performance and consistency, create a community of practice that enhances experience, engagement and growth, fully integrate APPs into the care team, and set standards for APP practice.
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems.
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success.
- Established an APP Business resource group (BRG). BRGs are a voluntary group of team members organized around a common identity to support each other, our business, diversity and inclusion strategies, and constituency needs.
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience.
- Novant Health is a four-state integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient centers and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to our communities. The Novant Health network consists of more than 2,400 physicians and over 37,000 employees that provide care at more than 800 locations, including 18 medical centers and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2019, Forbes ranked the organization first in North Carolina and 38th nationally on its 2019 Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Education: Master's Degree required. Either a graduate of an NCCPA accredited physician assistant program, or NP or post Master's NP program required.
- Experience: One to three years of experience in Cardiology preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current PA or NP license in appropriate state required. NCCPA or registry with state nursing board, ACLS, BLS, DEA registry required.
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to successfully complete generic and depart-specific skills validation and competency testing; Thorough knowledge of diagnosis, and pharmacology; Thorough skill in physical assessment and management of chronic illness; Communication skills, both verbal and written; general computer knowledge is preferred; ability to work independently, yet in collaboration when necessary. Ability to use problem-solving, decision making, creative and communication skills. Dedicated to patient rehabilitation and self-care.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".