Cook - Full-time / Part-time
Los Angeles, CA 90019
5 days ago
$18 per hour
To prepare and cook food products as specified by the Manager in Charge of the Shift while adhering to the specifications and procedures found in the Lunch/Dinner section, behind the Church’s® Comeback Chicken and Chicken Entrée Items tabs, of the Product Procedures and Systems Manual and the Cooking Module in the All Star Training Program. Accomplishes tasks in a timely, clean and orderly manner.
- Pans sufficient chicken for operational needs. Prepares batter mix.
- Sets up the batter cart, fryers and chicken holding cabinet. Collects all necessary smallwares.
- Prepares and cooks all food product as dictated by the needs of the business and at the direction of the Manager in Charge (according to Chicken Call Sheet and/or CRT projections). Uses fryers with shortening at 340 - 360 degrees F.
- Ensures that all food product meets the specifications, procedures and quality standards at stated in the PPSM, including strict observance of designated holding times and temperatures.
- Returns batter and chicken to the cooler when finished cooking.
- Code dates and rotates each product using the first in, first out (FIFO) method of rotation.
- Checks all equipment and immediately reports any malfunctions within the area to the Manager inCharge.
- Maintains sufficient shortening to ensure proper shortening levels.
- Filters and cleans all fryers at the designated times while following all guidelines of safety (including use of provided safety equipment).
- Maintains a clean work area by practicing “clean-as-you-go” practices while following all of the guidelines/procedures of sanitation and safety.
- Ensure floors remain free of obstacles, debris, and are keep dry.
- Verifies all necessary product and supplies are stocked and available at the batter area.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the cooler.
- Ensures dish sink is set up to wash, rinse & sanitize.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by Manager in Charge of Shift.
Physical Demands: (minimum qualifications needed to perform the Essential Job Functions)
- Lifting Requirements - Medium to Heavy (lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally).
- Age Requirements – Cook must be 18 years of age or older to work the cook station.
- Team Member/Cook must be able to:
- Continuously stand and/or walk on hard floors to prepare and cook food, get stock items, and transport items to/from the kitchen, stock room, food prep area and front lines for periods of up to eight (8) hours.
- Frequently lift and stack 35 pounds of food and supply items from various heights from and onto shelving, in freezers, coolers, stockroom, etc. Occasionally, carry individual stock items weighing up to 50 pounds from the stock rooms, coolers and freezers to other areas of the restaurant.
- Occasionally, lift and carry up to 50 pound trash bags out of trash cans and into the outside dumpster.
- Frequently, push or pull batter table, filter machine, trashcans, brooms, mops, and mop buckets.
- Occasionally, climb a footstool or ladder to reach items located on stack shelves, in coolers, freezers, stockrooms, etc.
- Occasionally, stoop or squat to reach items on low shelves or on the floor.
- Continuously reach overhead, forward, and underneath shelving, counters, tables, refrigeration units, racks, drink dispensers, fryers, batter table and ovens.
- Continuously handle a variety of shapes and sizes and textures of items which include, but are not limited to: Dairy products, produce, condiments, meat/poultry, bulk stock items, and paper work.
- Continuously use fingers to bilaterally prepare food, unload boxes, etc.
- Continuously communicate with and listen to guests, management and other team members to ensure optimal performance.
in Los Angeles, CA
Est. $37 Full-time, Part-time Beverly Hills, CA 90212 Urgently Hiring
Est. $22 Full-time, Part-time Culver City, CA 90232 Est. $37 Full-time, Part-time Culver City, CA 90232 Urgently Hiring Est. $37 Full-time, Part-time Los Angeles, CA 90020 Urgently Hiring Est. $37 Full-time, Part-time Los Angeles, CA 90005 Urgently Hiring
Est. $32 Full-time, Part-time Culver City, CA 90232
$16.14 to $18.50 per hour Full-time, Part-time Los angeles, CA 90020
$16.05 to $18.50 per hour Full-time, Part-time Beverly hills, CA 90212
Est. $17 Full-time, Part-time Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Easy apply restaurant cook jobs
in Los Angeles, CA
$15.00 to $16.75 hourly Part-time Glendale, CA 91206 Urgently Hiring $15.00 to $16.75 hourly Part-time Marina del rey, CA 90292 Urgently Hiring $15.00 to $16.75 hourly Part-time Los angeles, CA 90024 Urgently Hiring $15.00 to $16.75 hourly Part-time Torrance, CA 90505 Urgently Hiring $15.00 to $16.75 hourly Part-time Mission viejo, CA 92692 Urgently Hiring $15.00 to $16.75 hourly Part-time Rancho cucamonga, CA 91730 Urgently Hiring $15.00 to $16.75 hourly Part-time Rancho santa margarita, CA 92688 Urgently Hiring
Companies hiring restaurant cooks
in Los Angeles, CA
Explore more restaurant cook jobs
in Los Angeles, CA
Nearby Job TitlesRadiologic Technologist Jobs Food Service Manager Jobs Registered Nurse Jobs Fast Food Preparation Worker Jobs Food Service Supervisor Jobs
Nearby LocationsLos angeles, CA Jobs Torrance, CA Jobs Glendale, CA Jobs Santa monica, CA Jobs California Jobs
Nearby CompaniesU.S. Navy Jobs Alta Hospitals Jobs Carl's Jr. Jobs Western Dental & Orthodontics Jobs Care.com Jobs
Nearby CategoriesFull-time Jobs Part-time Jobs Gig Jobs
Posting ID: 635169125 Posted: 2023-06-01 Job Title: Cook