Maintenance Technicians, under the supervision of the General Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor, are responsible for performing repairs and preventive maintenance at the property. The Maintenance Technician must report to work on time, appropriately dressed and in uniform including property issued photo ID at the beginning of each workday. All employees are required to read and adhere to the Policies and Procedures posted on the Company portal.
Currently Established Responsibilities:
• Completing all required Company assigned training courses.
• Treating residents with respect, efficiency and courtesy.
• Responding to assigned maintenance work orders during the workday, giving priority to emergency calls.
• Addressing work orders efficiently and timely.
• Preparing vacant units to Company market ready standards.
• Walking the property daily paying attention to the appearance, deficiencies and general cleanliness of stairwells, breezeways, common hallways and amenity areas.
• Reporting to the General Manager or Maintenance Supervisor regarding repair assignments that cannot be completed in the course of the workday.
• Operating equipment and tools in use on the property in accordance with established safety standards.
• Completing regularly scheduled preventive maintenance activities.
• Performing general clean-up of the apartment community, as necessary.
• Using technology and programs implemented by the Company as directed.
• Being available for duty on a rotating basis for after-hour emergency calls.
• Performing such other duties and assuming other responsibilities as may be assigned.
The Maintenance Technician Must Possess the Following Qualifications:
• Must have previous experience in general maintenance and repair.
• Must have experience involving air conditioning, heating, carpentry, plumbing and electric systems as well as carpentry experience.
• Must have experience in the use of all maintenance equipment and tools.
• Must have the skills essential for dealing with emergencies without direct supervision.
• HVAC certifications may be required.
• Must possess a set of basic hand tools to use in performance of duties.
• Must possess adequate computer skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must have a current operational telephone number.
Related keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance
Job Type: Full-time