$18.52-20.32/hr plus shift differential
Trainee, Chemical Operator in Springfield, MO
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Chemical Operator is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by ensuring our equipment is running effectively and efficiently so we can meet our quality and time commitments to our clients. Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture. In this role, you will:
• Safely manufacture fine chemicals
intermediates and API manufacturing.
• Handle the various unit operations (reactions, filtration, distillation, drying, milling, etc.) that are performed on raw materials and various stages of chemical processing according to written manufacturing procedures and SOP’s.
• Follow and document per batch sheet instructions to produce product according to all cGMP guidelines.
• Ability to set-up equipment (vessels, tanks, centrifuges, dryers, etc.) for proper processing, Clean and verify equipment and vessels.
• Record observations of operating conditions
• Medically fit to wear a respirator
• Drive and operate a fork truck Secondary responsibilities/accountabilities
• Work prioritization or timing decisions with supervisory oversight,
• Utility adjustments to maintain reaction parameters,
• Maintain process flow through the plant while adhering to all safety, GMP and environmental regulations/standards,
• Resolution of processing problems both independently and with assistance of other individuals/work groups,
• Adhere to a high housekeeping standard. Physical activities include:
• Continual walking, standing, reaching, and upper extremity use,
• Frequent bending, twisting, climbing (stairs and ladders), squatting and kneeling,
• Frequent pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds and over 50 pounds with assistance,
• Work schedule is normally 12 hours covering either days or nights, weekends and holidays to support a 24/7 production operation. Must be able to work overtime as required
• Ability to work outside in inclement weather and inside in extreme temperature variations
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role: Required The following knowledge and proficiency skills are required for this position to be acquired through:
• A minimum of a high school diploma or GED, with strong math, reading and comprehension skills.
• Must work with a minimum of supervision.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude through previous employment/experience.
• Ability to operate simple hand tools. All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.