EL Shift Supervisor
To supervise an assigned shift, designed to develop leadership skills required for the Restaurant Manager position.
Placement in the Organization:. Is responsible
Reports to a member of the management team. Supervises hourly restaurant
employees during the shift.
- Directs and establishes priorities for the crewmembers during their shift. Assigns work stations.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines crew members. Is responsible for taking appropriate disciplinary action.
- Maintains positive employee relations through effective supervision. Ensures a harassment free work environment for all employees and guests during the shift.
- Fill in for crewmembers during break periods. May cover a work station for all or part of the shift.
- Accounts for and manages all company funds during the shift. Completes safe audits, cash drawer counts, bank deposits, coin and change orders, and shift end balances.
- Completes administrative tasks required on assigned shifts.
- Prepares product orders when necessary.
- Adjust the number of employees on duty based on anticipated sales volume to maintain productivity and guest service standards.
- Orients and trains new crew members. Cross-trains crew members.
- Is accountable for proper handling of all food products. Ensures that products meet standards.
- Prevents food shortages, waste, and theft.
- Reports employee issues to the General Manager, Assistant Manager, District Manager, or Human Resources Manager, as appropriate.
- Accounts for all company funds and inventory on assigned shifts, and ensures that cash handling, banking, and security procedures are in effect.
- Ensures that service meets expectations for speed, accuracy and friendliness. Resolves guest complaints on shift. Report significant complaints to General Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Checks in deliveries.
- Ensures that shift is run in compliance with company standards and procedures.
- At least 18 years old
- Be able to speak, read, and write English
- Ability to complete basic math skills
- Must have a use of personal car; valid driver’s license
- Meet state, county, or municipal regulation pertaining to health and food handling.
- Must possess basic computer and math skills, including understanding of units of measurement.
- On last performance evaluation, was rated Exceeds Requirements
- Has demonstrated effectiveness at analyzing situations that affect operations, proposing and implementing solutions
- Extensive standing
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, and cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and bending to touch the floor
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Bending, reaching, and walking.
- Communicating with customers.
- Using a computer.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.