Wendys Shift Leader
Responsible for managing shifts, training, cash handling, customer satisfaction, and ensure that all Food Safety and company policies are in compliance with store plan to meet Q.S.C. standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to get along with co-workers.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Greet the customer.
- Handling of cash and deposits.
- Good to excellent employee performance evaluation.
- Execute WE Learn Training and be certified on All Positions.
- Must demonstrate ability to operate restaurant, handle basic cash handling procedures and post hourly readings
- Must adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Must observe and adhere to all local, state and federal laws pertaining to the business environment concerning the company.
- Understand and maintain Q.S.C. standards.
- Understand and utilize position chart.
- Understand and perform effective manager walks.
- Must be able to manage subordinate staff & run shifts.
- Assists other managers as required (training, supervising, etc.)
- Complies with all safety and health standards and all applicable rules and regulations.
- Helps ensure the execution of the restaurant’s overall Human Resources programs.
- Manages subordinate crew employees in a manner which maximizes retention and contributes towards achievement of turnover goals.
- Manages and resolves performance issues with subordinate employees, including counseling and disciplining employees using consistent practices and following company policies and state and federal laws.
- Notifies GM of all performance issues with subordinate employees.
- Serves as a role mode for subordinate employees.
- Helps to insurance compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Helps to maintain a work environment in which employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Follows Open door policy.
- Follows all company policy & procedures.
- Must be Serve-Safe Certified
- Performs all other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
*REGULAR ATTENDANCE IS AN ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION*
There is one subordinate supervisor reporting directly to this position, which is the Crew Leader, which would also include crew and host/hostess. There could be as many as 30 employees to report to the subordinate supervisor and up to 7 employees on a shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be P.O.C. trained on all positions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Crew Leader Certification
Shift Supervisor Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to figure, feel or handle. The employee may also be required to reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. At times the employee may be required to lift or lift up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to drive an automobile to run company errands such as making bank deposits and picking up change, going to company training and company meetings, and occasionally borrowing or purchasing product or other items for the restaurant from store to store or occasionally other locations.
If driving for company business, the employee is required to maintain a valid state issued driver’s license and vehicle insurance coverage within the applicable state guidelines
Employee may be exposed to high heat from grill and fryer equipment and may be exposed to cooking oils and other materials typically used in preparing fast food products.
There are no special vision requirements for this job position.
Must be 18 years old or older
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is usually moderate.