Under the general supervision of the Patient Care Director, the Case Manager / Licensed Professional Therapist (LPC) performs all the necessary services for hospital clients in need of mental/behavioral health treatments. This is an autonomous role that provides and/or coordinates the provision of case management, assessment, diagnostic impression, referral and/or recommendation for placement, treatment planning, education, discharge and aftercare planning and all counseling services necessary to identified clients. The CM/LPC will provide services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric clients in appropriate individual, group, marital, family and/or multi-family sessions with the understanding that the clients come from all walks of life including the criminal justice system. The CM/LPC will work with clients in all phases of treatment, i.e. intensive outpatient, partial hospital and inpatient and aftercare. The CM/LPC will work collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff and clients internal and external to the organization. Community and public service activities are required. Additional duties will include participation in quality improvement, evaluation processes related to the management of patient care, and supervision of Interns as the situation occurs. The CM/LPC is available seven days a week and, therefore, is required to work some evenings, a weekend rotation and an occasional holiday.
- Graduate degree in psychology, social work, counseling or psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
Minimum Work Experience:
- Completion of supervised, clinical, graduate-level practicum or internship from accredited college OR 3 years total related clinical experience which may include the practicum/internship.
- Currently licensed in the state of Georgia
- Certified through the American Heart Association to provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in the area of negotiation, communication (verbal and written), conflict resolution, interdisciplinary collaboration, management, creative problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of post-discharge care community resources.
- Knowledge of community resources and patient care processes.
- Knowledge of utilization management as it relates to third-party payers.
- Experience with managed care preferred.
- Demonstrates flexibility via an ability to adapt to challenging priorities and regulations.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent internal and external customer service.