How you move is why we're here. (R)
Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let's talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report. As a recipient of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise
Scribe - Research Assistant
Physiatry Service Line Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision from Attending Physicians, records details of the patient history, physical examination and plan in the electronic health record (EPIC)
- Under supervision from Attending Physicians, generates orders for the patient encounter.
- Under supervision from Attending Physicians, ensures that the medical record is accurate.
- Under supervision from a Clinical Research Coordinator, manages and executes CRP/IRB submissions for initial approvals, continuing reviews, amendments, protocol deviations, and adverse events. Ensures timeliness and accuracy of all submissions.
- Oversees and conducts the screening and informed consent processes for research studies. This includes phone and face-to-face interactions with patients. Updates screening tracking worksheets on a routine basis.
- Administers surveys (phone/email/in-person) and coordinates research-related visits and follow-ups with all relevant multidisciplinary teams. This may involve off-site visits at sports organizations and other locations.
- Ensures subject/investigator compliance with research procedures and escalates issues to supervisor as needed.
- Manages data collection specific to research studies. This includes the supervision of multidisciplinary teams involved in the successful conduct of the study. Performs audit and quality checks on a routine basis to make sure data entry is up to date and complete.
- Compiles final dataset for analysis and assists in the interpretation and summarization of results.
- Provides updates on study progress to supervisor and Principal Investigators.
- Participates in the preparation of manuscripts for publication and abstracts/presentations for conference meetings.
- Assists with literature searches, as necessary.
- Maintains and enhances professional growth through participation in seminars, educational sessions hosted by Clinical Research Administration, and Physiatry Grand Rounds.
A qualified candidate has the ability to communicate in an effective manner with management, clinical staff, and patients at HSS.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in life sciences or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, physicians, medical, and administrative personnel.
- Experience in clinical research and knowledge of GCPs, HIPAA, 21CFR, and ICH is highly preferred.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience with EPIC is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work for 2 years is preferred.
Minimum Education/Training: Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of experience in clinical research
- Proficient use of computers and software
- Knowledge of Orthopaedic and/or Rheumatologic terminology is a plus.
- Knowledge of EPIC is a plus.