ABOUT US & THE WORK:
Hirsch Law Group is seeking a full-time associate attorney who wants to practice law in a dynamic environment that will expose him/her to high standards, court experience, contact with clients, research, writing and work with a highly collaborative team.
We are a quickly-growing, entrepreneurial law firm that helps people who have been charged with various offenses in traffic and criminal courts across Northern Illinois. We help guide our clients through the complex and confusing legal system, and achieve results that protect their lives, livelihoods and future. We are in need of a bright and motivated lawyer to join our team and work to provide exceptional representation to our clients. Many are undergoing an intense emotional process, and we strive to help them move into a significantly better position than they were in before they met us. We need the right person who will help us reach our weekly milestones and stay ahead of schedule. The position involves working in city, village and county courts, and includes document review, research, drafting, collaboration and court appearances.
We provide immediate hands-on experience in diverse areas of law. Additionally, we emphasize a team environment that serves to produce a creative and productive atmosphere in which an associate can advance, assume responsibility as proficiency is demonstrated, and be on the cutting-edge of constantly developing legal issues.
You will indeed work hard - however, you will love the work that you do. We are looking to immediately fill this position.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
· Possess a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
· Be an attorney who has a license (active and in good standing) to practice law in the state of Illinois.
· Own a reliable vehicle - we conduct most of our work in the suburbs and rural areas.
· Have exceptional communication and writing skills that can be demonstrated in interviews and in writing samples.
· Have great research skills and substantial writing experience.
· Possess a professional, engaging and charismatic demeanor, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strive for excellence and perfection in the work you perform.
· Be motivated, self-starting and able to work independently.
· Be a team player and work well with diverse personalities.
· Capable of working under pressure, as well as accepting criticism and direction as you grow in your legal profession.
Joliet or St. Charles, IL.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience, and is negotiable.
The compensation package includes base salary, 5 days paid vacation (non-cumulative) per year (new employees must work 6 months to qualify), 5 paid sick days per year, membership in local bar associations and flexible hours.
While you do not necessarily need to have post-graduate court experience, you should have some exposure to courtroom protocols and should not be intimidated by any aspect thereof.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please be professional and diligent in responding to this post.
We ask that you value our time and yours by following instructions and paying close attention to detail.
Please send us your resume, cover letter and a writing sample.