Are you technically savvy? Do you have a passion to produce the latest electronic technology? If so, we want you to apply.
Our founders shared those same passions when they started Aerotech in a garage in Pittsburgh's East Liberty in 1970. Today, from our home base in RIDC Park, we're a market leader in engineering and manufacturing precision motion and automation -- and at our core we're still a bunch of makers, builders, crafters and people who like to figure out how stuff works. Our employees are our future, and we continue to grow by investing in our employees. At Aerotech, we build careers.
The SMT Operator will set up, operate, and adjust SMT equipment including paste printer, pick and place machine, reflow oven, X-ray machine, AOI inspection machine, and stencil cleaner.
- Reads and interprets process documentation
- Performs material handling processes and maintains proper inventory control
- Processes jobs by picking and staging kits in accordance with detailed instructions
- Operates SMT machines by prepping multiple machines, setting up support fixtures, entering programs, and quickly and efficiently loading / replenishing feeders with reels of components
- Performs manual component placement as necessary
- Diagnoses improper SMT machine operation and performs minimal programming adjustments
- Performs preventive maintenance on SMT machines
- Repairs or replaces defective parts rejected by AOI or test personnel
- High school diploma or GED
- At least three years relevant experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship. Aerotech does not provide US work authorization sponsorship for this position. OPT and CPT visa holders are not eligible for employment if they will need work authorization sponsorship at any time in the future.
- $2,500.00 Sign-On Bonus payable in two installments: the first half paid after 90 days and the second half paid after 6 months.
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program
- 401(k) Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health Insurance
- Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Education Reimbursement
- Financial & Retirement Planning Resources
What You'll Love About Us:
Our company culture has always centered around one thing: achieving results by being Dedicated to the Science of Motion. We feel a sense of accomplishment when our innovations are used to build technology that improves lives. Through our employees' hard work, focus on details, commitment and creative-thinking, we are not only able to make Aerotech highly successful, but also share that success with our employees. Whether it be through our profit sharing plan, Employee Stock Ownership Trust, comprehensive health benefits or education reimbursement, we are focused on rewarding results while supporting our employees' well-being. Our employees are the building blocks of our company, which is why we uphold our track record of never laying off an employee and continually reinvesting our earnings year-after-year. We strive to prove to our employees that our dedication extends beyond today by providing long-term incentives and a vision for the future. If you are looking for a chance to build your future, apply today!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
The Company is collecting the information requested in this employment application for purposes of evaluating your suitability for hire by the Company. The Company will share the information that you provide in this employment application only with Company management officials who are involved in the hiring process or who are otherwise involved in making employment-related decisions on behalf of the Company.