Are you mechanically inclined? Do you build or repair things for fun? If so, we want you to apply.
Our founders shared those same passions when they started Aerotech in a garage in Pittsburgh's East Liberty in 1970. Today, from our home base in RIDC Park, we're a market leader in engineering and manufacturing precision motion and automation -- and at our core we're still a bunch of makers, builders, crafters and people who like to figure out how stuff works. Our employees are our future, and we continue to grow by investing in our employees. At Aerotech, we build careers.
Aerotech develops Mechatronics Technicians through our specialized career development program. Qualified candidates bring the raw mechanical and electrical aptitude, paired with a strong work ethic and desire to learn, and we do the rest. Through training, a Mechatronics Technician builds and tests high-tech, single- and multi-axis electromechanical positioning systems that operate at sub-micron levels of accuracy.
- Inspect and fit precision machined parts using various instruments and procedures such as micrometers, calipers, electronic and dial indicators, laser interferometers, autocollimators, and other devices.
- Prepare and install linear and rotary bearings, encoder scales, and other precision components
- Assemble products using a variety of hand tools such as wrenches, hex keys, torque wrenches, flat stones, hammers, pliers, and custom tooling or fixtures.
- Wire products using soldering irons and crimping tools.
- Interpret both tabular and graphical data while interfacing with multiple computer programs, electronic and precision performance verification equipment to assess products.
- Work with a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems with tasks changing daily.
- Read work instructions, control plans, engineering specifications, sketches, and assembly/wiring drawings using computer programs such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Troubleshoot to determine the cause of malfunctioning products, work with peers and supervisors to find a solution, then perform modification and repair when necessary.
- Work directly with engineering to improve system designs and performance.
- Participate in continuous professional development and training, both structured and unstructured, which is provided at all levels.
- Help train less experienced employees in department procedures, assembly techniques, and mechanical, electrical, and basic controls theory.
- May perform assembly tasks inside an ISO 14644-1 Class 6 cleanroom.
- May perform general labor such as department maintenance or support adjacent departments as workload changes.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Qualified candidates must have a mechanical aptitude
- Qualified candidates must have proficient computer skills: typing, email and instant messaging correspondence; word processing; video conferencing; Windows File Explorer navigation. Basic Excel and Google Suite product experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates must have experience with utilizing tools
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be authorized to work in the US without employer sponsorship. Aerotech does not provide U.S. work authorization sponsorship for this position. OPT and CPT visa holders are not eligible for employment if they will need work authorization sponsorship at any time in the future.
- $1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus payable in two installments: the first half paid after 90 days and the second half paid after 6 months.
- Candidate will be working a day shift schedule, 6:30 AM - 3 PM
- Candidate will be working in a clean, well-lit, and climate-controlled facility
- Candidate will be working at an individual work bench to perform the necessary duties of the job, and not on an assembly line
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program
- 401(k) Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health Insurance
- Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Education Reimbursement
- Financial & Retirement Planning Resources
What You'll Love About Us:
Our company culture has always centered around one thing: achieving results by being Dedicated to the Science of Motion. We feel a sense of accomplishment when our innovations are used to build technology that improves lives. Through our employees' hard work, focus on details, commitment and creative-thinking, we are not only able to make Aerotech highly successful, but also share that success with our employees. Whether it be through our profit sharing plan, Employee Stock Ownership Trust, comprehensive health benefits or education reimbursement, we are focused on rewarding results while supporting our employees' well-being. Our employees are the building blocks of our company, which is why we uphold our track record of never laying off an employee and continually reinvesting our earnings year-after-year. We strive to prove to our employees that our dedication extends beyond today by providing long-term incentives and a vision for the future. If you are looking for a chance to build your future, apply today!
The Company is collecting the information requested in this employment application for purposes of evaluating your suitability for hire by the Company. The Company will share the information that you provide in this employment application only with Company management officials who are involved in the hiring process or who are otherwise involved in making employment-related decisions on behalf of the Company.