Are you mechanically inclined? Do you build or repair things for fun? If so, we want you to apply.
Our founders shared those same passions when they started Aerotech in a garage in Pittsburgh's East Liberty in 1970. Today, from our home base in RIDC Park, we're a market leader in engineering and manufacturing precision motion and automation -- and at our core we're still a bunch of makers, builders, crafters and people who like to figure out how stuff works. Our employees are our future, and we continue to grow by investing in our employees. At Aerotech, we build careers.
The CNC Machinist programs and operates conventional, special purpose and CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Set-up, operate, edit and program CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- One-year certificate from college or technical school or apprenticeship program in Machine Shop technology; OR three or more years related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Mazak machines preferred
- Able to read and understand engineering blueprints
- Knowledge of speeds and feeds for machining all types of metals
- Able to use micrometers, electronic gauges, calipers and similar tools/equipment
- Knowledge of metric conversion; able to work in Metric and English units
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Steady shifts only. Night shift is 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM and offers a $3.00 per hour shift differential. Daylight shift is 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
- Night shift candidates must be able to train on steady day shift 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM for several weeks
- Currently, machinists are working 50 hours a week plus additional voluntary overtime on weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship. Aerotech does not provide US work authorization sponsorship for this position. OPT and CPT visa holders are not eligible for employment if they will need work authorization sponsorship at any time in the future.
- $2,500.00 Sign-On Bonus payable in two installments: the first half paid after 90 days and the second half paid after 6 months.
- Candidate will be working in a clean, climate-controlled facility
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program
- 401(k) Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health Insurance
- Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Education Reimbursement
- Financial & Retirement Planning Resources
What You'll Love About Us:
Our company culture has always centered around one thing: achieving results by being Dedicated to the Science of Motion. We feel a sense of accomplishment when our innovations are used to build technology that improves lives. Through our employees' hard work, focus on details, commitment and creative-thinking, we are not only able to make Aerotech highly successful, but also share that success with our employees. Whether it be through our profit sharing plan, Employee Stock Ownership Trust, comprehensive health benefits or education reimbursement, we are focused on rewarding results while supporting our employees' well-being. Our employees are the building blocks of our company, which is why we uphold our track record of never laying off an employee and continually reinvesting our earnings year-after-year. We strive to prove to our employees that our dedication extends beyond today by providing long-term incentives and a vision for the future. If you are looking for a chance to build your future, apply today!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
The Company is collecting the information requested in this employment application for purposes of evaluating your suitability for hire by the Company. The Company will share the information that you provide in this employment application only with Company management officials who are involved in the hiring process or who are otherwise involved in making employment-related decisions on behalf of the Company.