Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital
. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.This position offers:
Generous relocation / sign on bonus, highly competitive pay, fully furnished temporary housing for up to 90 days to assist with relocation, minimal call (one week night per week plus every 5th weekend), free on-call studio units, working side by side world renown orthopedic physicians (Steadman Clinic), guaranteed hours (no mandatory down staffing, EVER), excellent benefits package, 4 x 10's via a Days Shift (Mon-Fri) only (no nights or weekends except when on call), access to four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much more.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintains sterile field and instrumentation for all surgical procedures. Prepares the operating room and supplies for each surgical case in a neat and efficient manner.
- Works collaboratively with others within the department to ensure an efficient, professional and respectful environment.
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and family assessment and problem identification, plans care accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care.
- Always follows all surgical procedures to assure adherence to AORN guidelines for sterile processes and proper instrument preparation and decontamination.
- For each case scheduled, arranges and sets up unsterile as well as sterile equipment in adherence to AORN guidelines and per physician's preference card.
- Daily provides a safe, clean and well-stocked department.
- Assists with any specialty case by maintaining stock and ordering specialty items as indicated.
- Daily, well in advance of need, communicates with Director or charge nurse for any supply, repair and or equipment need.
- Properly cleans, decontaminates and disposes of all used, contaminated equipment per policy.
- Delivers equipment safely and in an organized fashion to Sterile Processing for decontamination and sterile processing.
- Monitors all sterile qualities and indicators for instrumentation and equipment used while maintaining all sterility logs for steam, Sterad and Steris processing.
- Responsible for working on Policies and Procedures, Preference Cards and other needed projects as assigned by the Director or Charge Nurse for the department when not engaged in cases.
- Responsibly document Charges in both the EMR, as well as, when Pulling /Taking supplies for cases through Pyxis.
- Shows competency with all equipment, systems or procedures that are performed within the Perioperative Services Department.
- Current Colorado Surgical Technologist license required
- Current BLS certification required
- Surgery Tech NCCT preferred
- 2 years recent O.R. experience required
- 2 years of Ortho experience preferred
*Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience. Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or more years).
Minimum = $35.00/hr
Mid-Point = $36.85/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much more can be viewed here.
Previous helpful work experience may or may not include any the following positions (not required): Perioperative Scrub Tech, Licensed Scrub Tech, CST, Certified Scrub Tech, Certified Surgical Technologist, Certified Surgical Tech, OR Scrub, Operating Room Scrub, Scrub Technician, Scrub Tech in Ski Resort Towns, Colorado Surgical Technologist, Ski Town Surgical Tech, relocation assistance, relocation bonus, sign-on bonus, new hire bonus, Ortho Scrub Technologist, Orthopedic Surgical Technologist, Licensed Orthopedic Surgical Technologist, NCCT certified Surgical Technologist, NCCT Scrub Tech