Earn a bonus up to $1,500!
At Wegmans, our Maintenance Mechanic team ensures that our stores, facilities, and equipment are professionally maintained, helping to provide our customers with the freshest best tasting products, and our employees with a safe and productive work environment. This team is empowered to solve complex problems daily and continually learn and develop new skills, while working for a growing and dynamic company with endless opportunities for advancement. In this role, you will be responsible for repairing and performing preventative maintenance on all food production equipment in our supermarkets. This position will also be responsible for oversight, follow through and coordination where necessary with external equipment contractors/vendors.
What will I do?
- Perform unsupervised repairs on food manufacturing production equipment for both emergency and non-emergency situations, using appropriate troubleshooting and safety techniques
- Plan and perform preventative maintenance on food manufacturing production equipment, and all other associated skilled tasks
- Work effectively with a team, assisting other personnel as necessary to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with team members, supervisors, and customers; determine best practices for repair work and assess downtime with store personnel; Interact and coordinate with purchased maintenance vendors
- Create and maintain records on all equipment worked on; maintain truck inventory, working with parts procurement requirements
- Maintain Wegmans high standards of quality and food & human safety procedures
- Deliver incredible service to both internal and external customers
- 10 or more years related work experience
- Technical training through apprenticeship, trade school, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to independently diagnose, troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems
- Knowledge of controls, electricity and machine principles, such as fluid dynamics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, lubrication and sealing
- Knowledge of layout and design techniques
- Experience with AC and DC motors and gas combustion standards
- Sound mechanical ability, as well as knowledge of welding and plumbing
- Supermarket/restaurant related equipment experience, including knowledge of applicable codes, regulations and operating standards is preferred
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 24 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.