As a Sr Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for the concept design, investigation, development, testing, and commercialization of new or existing packaging solutions at KDP. Additional responsibilities will include packaging processing specification and testing, as required. You will be expected to drive projects in accordance to the agreed upon performance criteria, schedules, and cost targets. As a Sr. Packaging Engineer, you will lead projects while directing internal and external resources and utilizing strong project management and collaboration skills. Position Responsibilities
- Work in a cross-functional environment to gather new packaging requirements.
- Develop and refine specifications for primary packaging (PET Containers, Cans, Glass, Closures, and Flexibles).
- Validate, and lead execution of new materials for manufacturing scale-up.
- Develop process and process windows for joining packaging materials, as required.
- Develop, test and document test procedures and success criteria.
- Conduct lab/pilot/scale-up tests as well as factory acceptance tests
- Design and perform targeted statistical experiments (DOE, Regression, Comparison Testing).
- Determine quality requirements and support adherence to specifications.
- Facilitate and support execution of Capital projects.
- Manage multiple external resources such as contractors and vendors.
- Collaborate with other engineering functions including Engineering, Operations and Quality.
- Work closely with procurement and legal on contracts, IP and supplier agreements.
- Work closely with internal plants, supply chain and raw materials suppliers.
- Research and lead productivity initiatives.
- Provide the procurement and supplier quality departments with advanced-level technical support, including vendor selection, capabilities assessment, and material qualifications.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Packaging Engineering (Masters a plus)
- 6 years of Packaging Engineering experience
- 4 years of experience managing projects with outside vendors and/or contract manufacturers.
- Demonstrated working Experience with with development and testing of PET containers and plastic packaging materials.
- Demonstrated working Experience with Design to Value (DTV).
- Demonstrated working Experience with with CAD packaging software (SolidWorks, ArtiosCAD, Tops, CAPE).
- Demonstrated working Experience with with producing technical documents (specifications, detailed drawings, structural drawings).
- Demonstrated working Experience with GD&T experience
- Excellent computer skills using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, MS Project.
- Demonstrated working knowledge/understanding of manufacturing packaging equipment; Equipment design a plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding the ability to use statistical methods (DOEs, Root Cause Analysis).
- Demonstrated working experience with multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
#IND1 Company Overview
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig , Dr Pepper , Green Mountain Coffee Roasters , Canada Dry , Snapple , Bai , Mott's and The Original Donut Shop . The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled