AMPAC Fine Chemicals (AFC), an SK pharmteco company, is a United States-based, custom manufacturer of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs, Drug Substances) and registered intermediates. AFC solves problems through technology and innovation to reliably deliver quality products that save and improve lives. With over 75 years of experience, AFC has mastered challenging chemistries, enabling us to provide the highest quality services to our customers.
Our fully cGMP compliant facilities located in California, Texas, and Virginia specialize in process development, scale-up, and production from kilograms to multi-ton quantities. AFC has expanded its capabilities to include contract analytical services.
The Process Scientist is responsible for production support and process development of pharmaceutical ingredients:
- Develops scalable manufacturing processes in a cGMP environment
- Conducts experiments to optimize processes for commercial manufacture
- Meets with groups internally and externally for project meetings and prepares data for presentations
- Effectively participates in Process R&D team meetings
- Works under the supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the company pipeline
- Thinks critically and creatively and is able to work independently and in interdisciplinary groups.
- Ability to resolve problems and has strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates excellent writing and communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills
Education & Experience:
- BS, MS, or PhD degree with some industry experience
Special Work Conditions:
- Workplace may include areas where a wide variety of chemical materials are used and stored
- May involve potential exposure to variable noise levels
- Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety
- May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment
- May need to work outside of normal office hours
*This position may be filled at a lower or higher position in accordance with the Research and Development Job Families.*
AMPAC Fine Chemicals offers competitive salaries, benefits, 401k and relocation