Why Charter Senior Living?
“I believe in the Charter Mission. To Enhance the Human Spirit. I do this every day as I help care for our residents. They may need extra help throughout the day, but I know during these times that I am enhancing their spirit. I feel honored to make such a difference in someone’s life!
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100 per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
-Charter Senior Living Associate
Your potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a “job”. We want each of our associates to feel like they a career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an organization that is committed to the future of their Associates.
Position Summary: The Activity Assistant ensures the resident’s well-being and satisfaction both in services and physical environment by assisting with developing and implementing programs that enhance the quality and enjoyment of life for our residents within the community.
Details of each Shift(s)/Hours/Days: Varies – weekend availability required
Activity Assistant Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Life Enrichment Director and Programming in providing overall direction to the Activity Department by planning, coordinating, and implementing activities
- Assist in the development of the monthly calendar with input from staff and residents and ensure that it is equally balanced with cultural, intellectual, spiritual, social, physical and recreational opportunities
- Assist in procuring groups, organizations and individuals to perform for or instruct the residents as part of the Activity Program
- Assist in providing periodic resident service seminars providing an overview of programs and conduct other activities to encourage participation
- Assist in developing and maintaining the resident libraries and coordinate a resident library committee
- Establish and maintain an active network of resident and community volunteers and other community resources
- Assist in coordinating the production and distribution of the community newsletter.
- Drive residents to events as needed.
- Assist with supervision of community and resident volunteers
- Drive residents as needed
- Activity Assistant Work Experience:
- Previous relevant experience preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, and the use of Internet resources
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the employee’s State of residence and have significant driving experience including knowledge of the geographic area they will be driving in
- Driving record must meet or exceed minimum standards of insurability by the company’s automobile insurer
- The ability to read, write, and communicate with residents
- Outstanding customer service skills with caring and compassionate behavior towards others
- Ability to coordinate with supervisors when group action is needed to solve a problem and get cooperation of other departments within the community
- Caring and compassionate towards others
Entertainment Coordinator Educational Requirements:
- Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401K; PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more!; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs