WHAT DOES MY NEXT CAREER LOOK LIKE AS THE WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD AT ORANGE MADISON COOPERATIVE?
Your next career will be highlighted by taking the lead to:
- Serve as one of the primary subject matter experts within the warehouse for our customers and store team members
- Drive day-to-day operations to safely manage the warehouse; focused on loading/unloading products, assisting with deliveries and moving and staging products efficiently
- Coach new team members, as well as existing team members through on-the-job training and directing of assignments for the warehouse team
- Partner with the store manager on various initiatives to help make the warehouse more efficient, safe and welcoming
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
You will be working for a company rooted in the cooperative world, with history dating back to 1933, operating in the divisions of Agronomy, Energy, Animal Health and Farm Supplies. Orange Madison Cooperative (OMC) is built on the relationships we grow with our customers, without their support, business, and loyalty we would not be the successful Coop we are today!
OMC fosters an environment founded on the following values.
- Trust: we provide dependable & reliable services
- Quality Products: we offer a variety of reputable products
- Superior Customer Service: we strive to provide options & solutions to our customer's challenges
- Growth & Development: we value the talent within our team & encourage their growth both professionally and personally
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
As a member of our full-time team, you will be eligible for several benefits, including.
- 4 Medical Plan Options; including Health Savings Account eligibility
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive 401k Company Match with Immediate Vesting
- Company Supplied Uniforms
- Employee Discounts
- Leadership Training and Development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
WHERE WILL I BE WORKING?
OMC has three (3) locations throughout Central Virginia. Most positions will be at the corporate offices at our Orange, VA location. We also have store locations in Madison, VA, Louisa, VA and a pump station in Charlottesville, VA.
- This position will be located at our Orange, VA store.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This position will be tasked with the following key objectives:
- Collaborate with the store manager to effectively lead the warehouse team to provide superior customer service experience, meet department goals and ensure the safety of the team and our customers
- Train employees on tools and equipment
- Proactively identify opportunities to assist customers as well as efficiently address any immediate challenges with customers that may require creative solutions and escalating concerns to management
- Ensure a clean, professional, and welcoming warehouse presentation staging as well as assist in replenishment, inventory and organization of material and products
- Partner with the store manager to assist with inventory count cycles, security concerns and maintaining a safe working environment
Some positions will have the following work environment qualities.
- This position will work both within an indoor storeroom setting, but will also be responsible for working outdoors at times to assist with customer needs on deliveries, pick-ups, etc.
- Work schedule will vary throughout Monday-Saturday, and will include rotation between opening/closing and weekend shifts
- For a detailed list of physical and other work requirements, please inquire with the HR team during the interview process
WHAT IS OMC LOOKING FOR?
No matter the position, OMC we will always be looking for candidates that are:
For this role, we are looking for talent that can bring to the table the following.
- At least minimum of two (2) years of warehouse experience in agriculture, livestock, pet care, equine, plant science, retail, or related industry.
- Forklift certification or the ability and willingness to obtain during employment through on the job training
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- A high school diploma/GED is required, and any further education related to the agricultural industry is a plus!
- A valid Driver's License
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with our cooperative customers to help improve and overcome any challenges related to their needs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A knack for relationship building and problem-solving
- A desire to learn, grow and work as a cross-functional team member with other divisions within OMC
WHERE DO I BEGIN?
The first step is to complete our online application. We also encourage each applicant to attach a current resume. Your application will be reviewed by a member of our leadership team. If you look to be a good fit for the opportunity, you will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
We also encourage everyone to learn a bit more about OMC by visiting our website at, www.orangemadisoncoop.com and our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/OrangeMadison
Orange Madison Cooperative Farm Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion, or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location. position, OMC we will always be looking for candidates that are:
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.
A combination of completed coursework OR degree completion and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of years of experience required.
- Requires High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalent
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of warehouse experience in agriculture, livestock, pet care, equine, plant science, retail, or related industry.
- Requires Forklift Certification or willingness to obtain during employment through training
- Valid Driver's License
Qualifications – PREFERRED
- More than two (2) years of of warehouse experience in agriculture, livestock, pet care, equine, plant science, retail, or related industry.
- Demonstrated leadership skills preferred, managing employees directly
- A successful individual in this position will be able to successfully perform the following responsibilities or be able to develop and demonstrate the following capabilities in a reasonable timeframe upon joining the team:
- Able to consistently demonstrate customer-focused interpersonal skills, communicate in a positive and professional manner and resolve complex customer inquiries
- Effective knowledge of specialized area(s) including equine, livestock, pet, home, farm and/or lawn & garden.
- Able to consistently apply knowledge of facility guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Able to effectively apply knowledge of a wide variety of merchandise in order to correctly answer customer questions of varying complexity and make recommendations
- Able to effectively utilize required equipment and tools, including forklift and/or point-of-sale terminal
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Attention to detail, especially when handling inventory, equipment and tools, or cash transactions
- Able to speak, read, write the English language in a proficient manner
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- May require the safe operation of a OMC motor vehicle to perform essential job functions and mandatory compliance with the OMC motor vehicle safety policy
- Performs essential job functions in multiple environments, including: climate controlled showroom, warehouse subject to seasonal humidity and temperature changes, and outdoors not protected from weather conditions when accessing merchandise, equipment or tools.
- Regularly exposed to hazards, including:
- Merchandise, supplies and tools with sharp edges or containing hazardous materials
- Dust, odors, fumes and hazardous chemicals associated with the sale and storage of dry and liquid fertilizers, crop protectants, petroleum and/or propane products, and other agricultural, residential, animal care and home care products
- Moving mechanical parts and vehicles, vibrations and electric current
- Drafts, temperature changes, and wet floors due to facility doors opening during adverse weather and due to merchandising and care of plant material
- Noise levels where hearing protection is optional per PPE Plan
- Schedule requirements will vary based on location. Extended hours and/or alternate work schedules may be required. Ability to report to work on time and in adverse weather conditions is required.
Physical Activities & Requirements
- Physical activities and requirements will vary with essential job functions.
- Continuously bend and stoop; finger, handle an utilize repetitive hand motion with merchandise and tools; reach with arms and hands for extended periods; stand and walk for extended periods, at times may be on concrete or uneven surfaces; utilize eye/hand coordination; twist back and neck. Pull, push, lift, carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently climb, crouch, stack, and sweep. Driving may be required and can vary from continuous to occasionally. Pull, push, lift, carry 50-80 pounds, may be assisted.
- Occasionally balance, kneel and shovel. Pull, push, lift, carry 80-100 pounds, may be assisted.
- Must be able to speak to co-workers and customers regarding operations and safety. Must be able to hear customer service phone calls, hand held radio, equipment and vehicle sounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Tools & Equipment
Tools & Equipment will vary with essential job functions, including but not limited to:
- Hand held scanner, telephone, hand held radio, computer, printer, scanner, copier, fax machine, writing instrument, reports, logs, spreadsheets, merchandising diagrams. Specialized tools and equipment may include point of sale terminal, forklift, pallet jack, OMC delivery vehicle.