The position of Quality Tech will be assisting the Quality Manager at the plant location. Will be the representative of the quality department in the absence of the Quality Manager.
• Excellent attendance is a must
• Superior time management skills and must be self-driven and self-motivated
• Must have outstanding organizational skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems: ability to interpret verbal and written instructions.
• Multi-tasking; ability to work with various challenges and deal with a variety of situations
• Ability to read, comprehend and interpret operating instructions, training and procedure manuals.
• Excellent communication skills; able to speak effectively to employees, managers, customers
• Excellent listening skills; ability to provide positive and corrective feedback
• Will be very involved in the complaint process for internal and external customers; entering, tracking, receiving complaint issues and resolutions to complaints or root cause analysis
• Ability to perform process audits
Computer literacy. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office especially Excel, Access and Powerpoint. High school graduate or equivalent with related college degree and/or technical courses or associate (two-year) college degree. Minimum of three years of experience in a related field and knowledge of LEAN manufacturing, ISO, Six Sigma preferred.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.