Manufacturing Specialist - 1st or 2nd Shift – Wamego, KS
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As a Manufacturing Specialist at Caterpillar’s Wamego Kansas facility, you will perform a variety of processes using varied machines and/or hand tools.. Tasks include but not limited to cutting steel by using a numerical controlled (NC) machine, tracer, radiograph and hand torch, moving plates with a forklift or overhead crane, inventory lists, accurate recordkeeping, and various tasks in a fabrication environment.
Possible Work Areas:
- Entry Level Welding
- 1st Shift: fulltime - 5:00 am to 3:30 pm (Monday - Thursday)
- 2nd Shift: fulltime- 3:30 pm to 2:00 am (Monday - Thursday) with a night shift premium of .95 cents per hour
- 1 year certificate from a college or technical school or 3 to 6 months related experience or training or a combination of education and experience
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl