Charleston Embassy Suites Job Description Profile:
Bonus Eligible: No
Direct Reports: No
Reports To: Banquet Manager or All Purpose Manager
Equipment: Uniform Primary Purpose:
The primary purpose of the Banquet Captain is to provide guests with an excellent banquet experience, by
planning and implementing the serving details for the event. Work Performed:
The Banquet Captain will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
Qualifications: Required Prior Experience:
- Directs setting up for tables correctly and uniformly in assigned area using clean pressed linen, clean unspotted silverware, clean china with no chips or cracks, clean unspotted glassware ;
- Confirm the table complements (salt, pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.) have been properly cleaned and filled ;
- Plans the serving order and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner ;
- Ensures the servers are ready to serve the meal when its prepared ;
- Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions as assigned ;
- Maintain communication with the guest contact person for guest needs ;
- Set-up, operate and dismantle audio-visual equipment ;
- Be familiar with and maintain knowledge of maintenance and usage of all Audio-Visual equipment ;
- Ab le to perform job of Banquet Associate and Banquet Bartender ;
- Able to understand departmental forecasting to ensure appropriate staffing levels ;
- Assist Banquet Manager or All Purpose Manager with scheduling, training staff, and inventory ;
- Ensures service standards are being followed and takes corrective action when they are not ;
- Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff;
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures, including reporting accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management ; and
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Previous customer service experience
S ix months of banquet food service experience Preferred Prior Experience:
Prior leadership experience Preferred Education:
High School diploma or equivalent Required Licenses/ Certification:
Food Safety certificate or complete training during initial 90 days.
Alcohol certification or complete training during initial 90 days. Physical:
Ability to lift, pull and push up to 50 pounds.
Ability to bend and squat repeatedly. Ability to walk and stand for duration of scheduled shift Other:
Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k; tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends. Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos