At American Natural, our people are our brand. We strive to inspire and cultivate our Assistant Managers to communicate our vision to deliver the best fueling experience in the country. Our team at American Natural believes that energy -through food and fuel- should be an experience worthy of the utility it provides.
We are currently seeking assistant manager candidates who are upbeat, energetic, self-starters, pro-active, and enjoy working in a sales-oriented environment. Our Assistant Managers are primarily responsible for assisting the Store Manager with the leadership, support, and performance of the convenience store. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager and the Second Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and Customer Service
- Ensures the team provides outstanding hospitality and customer service by following established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Eatery in the absence of upper management.
- Must maintain high standards of Eatery cleanliness, food quality, and sanitation.
- Works with General Manager to develop skills necessary for controlling operational costs of the Eatery and Marketplace including inventory, store supplies, expenses, and labor costs.
- Responsible for instilling a professional, high energy, and team-oriented atmosphere.
- Works with General Manager to develop skills necessary to assist with the coaching and disciplining of store employees.
- Responsible for appropriate employee staffing levels during their shift and adjacent shifts in the absence of the General Manager and Second Manager.
Training and Development
- Executes all employee training programs.
- Responsible for communicating all company policies, procedures, and general information in an accurate and timely manner.
Programs and Administration
- Under the direction of the General Manager completes administrative work in an accurate and timely manner as needed.
- Assists with implementation and ensures the execution of company programs, policies, and procedures.
General Information and Expectations:
Assistant Managers are expected to work a minimum of a five-day workweek and at least 35 hours per week varying shifts.
- Assistant Managers will receive annual performance reviews. Performance, professionalism, and attitude will be the primary criteria for salary increases and promotions.
- Assistant Managers are expected to support their management team to ensure that the company Mission Statement, Values, and corporate policies are supported and followed.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess knowledge of fuel/convenience store operations.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and the internet.
- Working knowledge of cash handling and cost controls.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Good leadership and human relations skills.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work varying shifts and at least 35 hours per week including weekends.
- Must have a good stamina level to endure 7-hour to 10-hour shifts that may involve as much as 5-7 hours of standing and walking and up to 1-2 hours of sitting.
- Involves some occasional heavy lifting (25lbs) and a moderate amount of light lifting.
- Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, twist, and reach.
- Must be able to change positions frequently.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the store.
- Must be able to visually discern housekeeping, safety, sanitation, service, and product quality issues.
What We Offer:
- Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
American Natural provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.