Our Kitchen Associates are responsible for all deli operations in our stores. They create the delicious, traditional, comfort food and pizza that our customers know and love! A career as a Kitchen Associate is challenging, rewarding and gives you the chance to be your best. You'll take pride in what you do as you prepare made from scratch recipes with a variety of tastes and flavors
Position Reporting Structure:
Position reports to Kitchen Manager
here is no question, this position is for people who like to stay busy and work as a team. A typical workday will include these responsibilities and more:
- Smile and greet customers.
- Provide a fast and friendly customer experience every visit.
- Complete prep work as assigned; prepare menu items according to Cubby's recipes.
- Follow approved cooking procedures and present quality food to company standards.
- Practice sanitary and safe food handling procedures.
- Clean and sanitize the work area before, during, and after the scheduled shift.
- Follow company uniform and dress code requirements to include non-slip shoes and hair restraint.
- Ability to multi-task, perform repeated bending, standing and reaching, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Subject to hot grease, wet floors, and temperature extremes.
In addition to working for a reputable, stable company where you make a difference every day, you will have peace of mind knowing your career opportunities are great with Cubby's!
Improve your career's reputation and apply now!
Reference checks will be conducted on all candidates. Successful candidates must pass a standard background check.
Cubby's is an equal opportunity employer.
Safety and Sanitation
- ·Verify the completion of time/temperature logs to ensure proper cooking and holding temperatures for prepared food items
- Check and document temperature on all refrigeration equipment each shift
- Practice and maintain safe food handling procedures at all times
- Wear non-slip shoes for every shift and hold employees accountable to doing the same
- Ensure employees wear clean uniform and hair restraint at all times
- Hold employees accountable to cleanliness standards; delegate and monitor daily and weekly cleaning tasks
- Ensure the use of lids and straws on all cups when drinking beverages in the food preparation areas
- Maintain clear isles and walk ways in compliance with ADA Title III
- Interact with customers and employees in a respectful, courteous manner, creating a friendly atmosphere
- Lead by example by frequently washing hands throughout the shift, wears clean disposable gloves on both hands at all times when handling ready-to-eat foods
- Ensure the availability and quality of hot bar items and prepared foods
- Maintain company standards for food production, shelf life, recipes, product quality, and presentation
- Speak honestly and act with integrity at all times
- Effectively communicate procedures, promotions and new products to employees
- Earn the trust of others through open, honest communication and good follow through.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current SERV safe certification required
- Must be 18 years of age or older to work with kitchen equipment
- Capable of using knives, slicers, and other food preparation equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to provide excellence in service, perform basic mathematical calculations, read and write, and understand and follow instructions
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate
- Must have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy environment
- Responsible, dependable, and adaptable to change
DISCLAIMER -THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED. ALL PERSONNEL MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM DUTIES OUTSIDE OF THEIR NORMAL RESPONSIBILITIES FROM TIME TO TIME, AS NEEDED.