Overview of Position:
They work to exceed customer expectations, foster an ethic of teamwork, develop staff members’ abilities and competencies, and achieve the financial objectives established for their assigned location. Their long-term objective is to develop their own skills towards becoming a General Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role model for customer-first behaviors according to company standards
- Build a team of customer-focused employees through coaching and measurement
- Handle difficult customer situations professionally
- Handle any customer complaints/concerns
- Respond to customer inquiries on a timely basis
- Ensure all products meet Krispy Kreme quality standards
- Direct and manage store sales efforts, which may include Hot Light times, DSD promotions, retail sales, fundraising, up-selling, and route sales
- Work with the General Manager to achieve business plan objectives and profitability as set forth in the store operating plan and in the established financial goals
- Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiencies and control variances in daily production of product and overall store performance
- Understand and implement store quality control procedures, including standards
- Coordinate production schedules to meet customer demands and minimize labor hours
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and assess any production or equipment problems
Safety and Sanitation
- Demonstrate safety consciousness and promote store safety, e.g. shoes, floor cones, MVR’s, etc.
- Maintain a high level of store sanitation and cleanliness, e.g. cleaning schedules, training, etc.
- Oversee proper upkeep of store facility and equipment
- Assist the General Manager in recruiting, hiring, training, and dispute resolution
- Supervise all shift personnel
- Build a team of customer-focused employees and foster teamwork
- Demonstrate leadership in employee development, including that of Key Staff
- Assist in communicating to store employees and enforcing all store policies, standards, and practices
- Assist General Manager in completing and managing income and expense budgets, including accounts/receivable, profit and loss, etc.
- Assist General Manager in completing required corporate reporting documentation, both financial and operational
- Manage company resources responsibly including, inventory control
- Manage financial duties
- Protect company assets
- Communicate and model company standards and policies
- Implement efficiently and effectively directives from store, corporate, and divisional management
- Develop and maintain store organization to promote efficient operations
- Interface with corporate office personnel
Essential skills and Experience:
- High school required
- Experience with sales, management, production, and customer service
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Pleasant disposition, sociable, accommodating nature, and enthusiasm
- Self-motivation, creativity, and adaptability
- Basic computer, telephone, and fax knowledge
- Most stores offer full-time positions (40+ hours/wk)
- Completion of Krispy Kreme Management 101 training
- Must meet Krispy Kreme driving standards (three year clean driving)
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
Nonessential skills and Experience:
- Post Secondary Education strongly preferred
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Filing documents ·
- Using telephone and fax machines
- Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Physical activity is sporadic
- Involves periodic travel
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to meet requirements for a driver’s license.
- The worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.