SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing food and coordinating kitchen activities.
What's in it for you:
- PTO (Paid vacation after 1 year of service)
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance options
- Short and long-term disability options
- Employer paid life insurance with additional coverage options
- Employee Travel Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares/cooks food according to recipes
- Prepares food according to the menu and quantity needed for occupancy of hotel
- Maintains food, supply and equipment inventory weekly and orders as needed
- Maintains daily temperature and waste logs
- Receives, dates and examines food products and supplies to ensure quality and quantity
- meet order requests and standard specifications
- Restocks and cleans kitchen daily
- Beverage stations offering alcoholic beverages must be manned at all times during an
- event. At no time is a guest permitted to serve themselves
- Patron’s ID’s must be checked before serving
- A valid issued state, district, territorial, possession, provincial, national or other
- equivalent driver’s license
- A state issued ID with photo and date of birth
- Military ID card with photo and date of birth
- Valid Passport
- Must complete Alcohol Training, i.e. Brand Alcohol Awareness such as ServSafe, TIPS
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of three months hotel kitchen experience or equivalent training and experience
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Working Conditions:
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Will be required to work in a fast paced environment
- The job operates in a kitchen environment with frequent exposure to heat, steam, fire and noise
Internal: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Peers, and Field Operations at
the corporate level
External: Guests - To provide customer service
Vendors – Receiving food orders.
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental
activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to prepare and cook food for hotel guests. This person must understand the practices, techniques and technologies required in the
work they are performing or monitoring.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual
dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.