The Neighborhood at Tellico Village is a beautiful community in Loudon, TN, with more than 50 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.
At this time, we are seeking a Housekeeper to join our team!
- Performs housekeeping duties in the resident apartments and common areas of the community.
- Cleans (dust, dry mop, wet mop, sanitize, scrub) assigned resident apartments and common areas daily according to facility procedures.
- Disposes of trash and waste, other materials in a safe manner.
- Maintains par levels of supplies and assists with ordering of products.
- Washes and folds laundry. Distributes clean linens and towels. Maintains a stocked cleaning cart with needed items.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of resident and facility property.
- Able to understand and to follow written and verbal directions.
- Understand proper use of community equipment.
- Able effectively to communicate with the staff members and residents through verbal and/or written means.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building and to assist transfer or otherwise move residents of facility.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral form) in a care setting with residents, families, staff.
- Must be able to climb, bend, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, reach and carry, stand for extended periods of time and may be required to move furniture.
- Able to respond productively and to handle additional tasks/projects as assigned.
- Ability to detect odors and see spots and spills.
- Ability to move housekeeping cart with cleaning equipment.
- Passion for caring for elderly.