This position is eligible for a bonus of up to $2,500. If interested, please apply and send your resume to Gfulcher@srpihop.com to coordinate an interview.
Directs the operation of an assigned unit by performing the following duties. Essential duties and Responsibilities
These include the following:
- Assist in the achievement of budgeted sales and profits
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP restaurant hourly employees, Corporate and Regional employees, and guests.
- Implement the IRTP (IHOP Restaurant Training Program) for all restaurant hourly non-management employees to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
- Assist in the execution of annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service and Human Resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit, as defined by the current IHOP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the current operations plan.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations, which are applicable to assigned unit.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and retention of employees as defined by the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
- Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen, and miscellaneous supplies.
- Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure and premises according to federal regulations and the SOP
- Ensure safety and sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state and local regulations and the SOP
- Ensure security practices as defined by the SOP
- Assist in completion of all required reports and paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Directly supervise craft employees at assigned unit. Assist General Manager with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Company unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Keep the General Manager informed. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills
Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or restaurant employees. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A valid Driver's License will be necessary to drive a car on Company business. Other Skills and Abilities
Certification through assigned IHOP training courses as assigned. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to grasp, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed frequently to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.