- Full-time, Part-time
- Middleburg, VA 20117
Overnight Guest Services Attendant (Bellhop/Valet)
Similar jobs pay
$14.00 - $20.44
Middleburg, VA 20117
Updated 9 days ago
To assist guest's requests for valeting vehicles, providing luggage assistance, and to be knowledgeable of the resorts activities and events in a five star manner. Part of the Overnight Guest Services Agent position also includes parking vehicles safely, attend to guest needs, including but not limited to, guest registration, check-out and cashiering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide luggage assistance to our guests.
• Be able to park and retrieve guest's vehicles in a controlled safe manner.
• Escort and provide Forbes 5 Star and AAA 5 Diamond service to our guests while following the resorts core values and procedures.
• Properly store guest luggage by the correct tagging system and quickly retrieve guest luggage when requested.
• Keeping the front drive, lobby, key closet, and luggage closet clean and organized.
• Delivery of guest room drops as requested by groups or the hotel.
• Proper delivery of guest newspapers.
• Retrieving and shining of shoes for guests as requested.
• Responsible for a clean and neat appearance of self
• Understand all amenities and services offered by the Resort.
• To be conversant with all resort promotional programs (guest related).
• Ability to problem solve and provide follow up.
• Speak with guests in a friendly, warm manner, making them feel welcome to the hotel.
• Operate company, guest and member vehicles both automatic and standard.
• Perform additional duties as required by Management, Bell Captain and/or business demands.
• Retrieve In Room Dining breakfast order forms.
• Take and deliver In Room Dining orders when needed.
• Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
• Provide guests with information regarding hotel facilities and local attractions.
• Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
• Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information.
High school or equivalent education required.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a valid driver's license required with no more than 2 moving violations in the last 2 years.
• Manual driving experience preferred.
• Be able to work in extreme weather environments for long periods of time.
• Be physically able to lift, reach, bend, stoop, and able to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
• Be able to work in standing position for long periods of time.
• Be familiar with local area and attractions.
BASIC REQUIRED SKILLS
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
• Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Related to this job
Posting ID: 641693237 Posted: 2021-10-14 Job Title: Guest Services Attendant