- Key Job Functions
- Prepare specialty beverages according to Starbucks and Sonesta standards
- Prepare a la carte food according to Sonesta standards
- Operate POS cash register according to Sonesta standards
- Deliver orders to tables according to Sonesta standards
- Maintain overall cleanliness and sanitation of work area and seating area
- Provide excellent service to our clientele
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Deliver positive, engaging service to our guests
- You will be excited and engaged in taking care of our guests, creating lasting memories and welcoming guests like family.
- You will consistently deliver our brand pillars by:
- Being positive, personal, and real
- Embracing our local area, sharing insights
- Creating lasting memories
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Be Authentic and Real
- Communicate Openly, Honesty and Clearly
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to be flexible and work both the front of house and the café kitchen
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Experience in coffee shop environments strongly desired
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, effectively with guests, vendors, and co-workers
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.