- Full-time, Part-time
- Ocean city, NJ 08226
Fuel Attendant-Horizon (PDI)
We’re excited to have now joined the 7-Eleven family of stores!
Fuel Attendant is responsible for providing prompt, efficient, effective, safe and courteous quality service to all customers. These objectives are obtained through quality customer service, merchandise handling, cleaning, maintenance, safety, security and other general duties as assigned. This is an hourly non-exempt (full or part-time) position reporting directly to the General Manager.
- Providing prompt and courteous customer service
- Maintaining a neat personal appearance in accordance with Company Uniform and Personal Appearance Policy (See Policy HR401-09)
- Reacting to and reporting customer complaints tactfully and promptly
- Providing assistance to customers by filling gas tanks, washing windshields and checking engine oil and washer fluid
- Following all credit card, money order and check cashing policies
- Following all Company policies related to safety & security and EEO
- Looking for and eliminating safety hazards; reporting unsafe acts or conditions to management
- Preparing required accident/incident reports; immediately reporting such activity to the management
- Preparing shift reports and other reports required by management
- Reporting to work on time and when scheduled; adjusting work schedule as requested by management
- Working flexible hours and performing as a team member
- Following policies and procedures established to prevent loss of cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors and customers
- Safeguarding cash and merchandise; following Company robbery prevention and reaction procedures as provided in the Emergency Response and Reporting Procedures and Policy Manual
- Following proper cash handling procedures in accordance with Company policies
- Keeping gas islands clean
- Ensuring proper fuel is dispensed into customer vehicle according to vehicle’s manufacturer specifications
- Performing other job duties as assigned
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred or equivalent experience. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrates sales and customer services skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and to speak effectively before customers and employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work with minimum supervision. Ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for full shift.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to overhead, and/or 60 pounds from ground to waist level, up to thirty minutes of workday (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
- Ability to push, and pull with arms up to a force of 128 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand truck.)
- Ability to bend at the waist with some twisting, up to one hour of the workday.
- May be required to climb a ladder and/or stool, kneel or crouch to store or retrieve materials and/or place or remove signs.
- Ability to grasp, reach, and manipulate objects with hands all day. This handwork requires eye-hand coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands, up to four hours of the workday.
Outside (conditions include exposure to inclement weather, dust, fumes, etc.). Essential equipment used: gas and diesel pumps, credit card machine, cash register, cones, flashlights, flares, hand truck, squeeze clipboard, pen and pencil, floor jack, lug wrench, 2-way radio or other communication devices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Essential functions are job duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. All of the responsibilities listed above are considered essential job functions to this position.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Related to this job