Hiring Immediately! Conducting interviews daily, same day job offer.Work Schedule:
Variable work schedule. Work hours may often exceed 30+ hours per week, contingent on availability and client needs. Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred.
This position requires travel around the local area (serving Orange County, Los Angeles, and surrounding area); depending upon customer assignment.
The Installer II is responsible for installing and de-installing furniture systems as directed by supervisor. Installers lift, carry and/or push furniture, equipment and cartons on wheels to and from trucks, offices and warehouses as requested by the customer. Responsible for loading and unloading trucks from loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates. May assist in setting & offsetting goods on equipment, assuring a quality move for the customer, providing outstanding customer service, and assisting the move process by communicating with the supervisor, the customer and other crew members. The work schedule is part-time, hours will vary. Reliable transportation is required for this position.Position Responsibilities
- Install system walls and splines, components and trim.
- Handle and stage product, perform detail work and trash-out functions on install projects.
- Read install plans and identify starting locations, staging locations and changes.
- Set, offset, push, pull, lift, carry and move furniture, equipment and boxes as required.
- Properly load and unload trucks from loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved.
- Perform work with quality, efficiency and safety at all times.
- Confirm next day work schedule with dispatch daily.
- Arrive at dispatch office or on-site at client location in complete uniform.
- Obtain work assignment from dispatch and/or supervisor and stay until work is complete.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 year systems furniture installation or related experience
- Must own a intermediate set of installation tools
Pay & Benefits
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as needed is preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including background check and drug testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs change throughout the workday
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum supervision
- Must own and bring to work every day, a intermediate set of installation tools as defined in Corovan installation policy.
- Familiar with all components of systems furniture nomenclature and be able to identify upon sight, the major lines of the three major manufactures; Steelcase, Herman Miller and Haworth is preferred
- Familiar with various moving equipment and is proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, ramps, lift gates, and all specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc., etc. is preferred
- Familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect is preferred
- Familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process and understand the move labeling and directional signage is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures, work instructions, install plans and timesheets
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and coworkers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Continuous learning and career development training.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed throughout the day. May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the day. May include bending, reaching, squatting, twisting, stooping, and kneeling throughout the day. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds. May include working at height on a loading dock, or on a lift-gate.Additional Information
Upon offer, the Company conducts a comprehensive pre-employment background check and drug test. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.