SUMMARY: Sets up and operates variety of machine tools and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Study blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to determine type and dimensions of metal stock required.
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces.
- Dismantle machines or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replace defective part with new part or repair or reproduce part from various kinds of metal stock.
- Assemble and test operate machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Maintain and lubricate machine tools and equipment.
- Able to read drawings and blueprints
- Must understand tolerances of machines
- Able to fit assemble, and create metal parts to repair machines
- Associate's Degree required or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years experience
- Technical Training specific to responsibilities
- May need to direct subordinates
- Responsible for making decisions pertaining to success of job
- Must be able to understand Material Safety Data Sheets and information pertaining to chemicals and the safety measures used to prevent injury.
- Able to assess technical difficulties and evaluate problems
- Able to create solutions to problems
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Long periods of standing
- May involve stooping, crouching, or kneeling to identify problem areas within machines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must be able to read and understand instructions and directions in English
Above average math skills required, including use of adding, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Machinist certificate preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Unlimited Referral Bonus Earning Potential
- And More!
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply TODAY!
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Background Screening (Criminal History Search and Drug Test).
Pollard Games, Inc. dba American Games and International Gamco provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time