Deliver food and supplies from the district's warehouse to various Dallas ISD locations daily. Perform warehouse functions such as filling requisitions, loading and unloading incoming and outgoing material, including but not limited to food items (dry, cooler, freezer), non-food items (paper, plastic, cleaning supplies, etc.), smallware and equipment as determined by Management.
- Verify, load and deliver all food and non-food items according to a prescribed scheddule
- Deliveries may include (not limited to) off route locations, hotshots and emergency stops
- Sign and obtain a signature on all delivery/return tickets
- Verify items are properly loaded/secured before, during and after transit
- Maintain, inspect and service vehicles/equipment as required by Risk Mgmt. according to procedures as assigned
- Assist with pulling, picking, packing, moving, counting, loading and unloading incoming and outgoing food and non-food items as assigned
- Assist in record keeping, shelving, arranging, labeling, sorting and storing food and non-food items as assigned
- Participate in regular and special physical inventories as assigned
- Report damaged product(s) to management and assist in M. Luna Facility cleaning as assigned
- Complete daily/periodic record keeping as assigned
- Adhere strictly to all safety regulations and procedures
- Receive and/or provide cross-training for various warehouse equipmet/functions as assigned
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the chief officer - Human Capital Management. Qualifications
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H
Dallas Independent School District, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, as well as board policy not to discriminate in such a manner (not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).
- Accredited Senior High School Diploma or valid equivalent (USA equivalency)
- Two years of driving a 24ft. Bobtail and/or similar truck with air brakes
- Valid Texas Commercial Driver License Class B or above
- Acceptable driving record
- Must pass drug/alcohol testing and randomly while employed
- Complete/hold valid Texas Department of Agriculture Food Handlers Certificate
- Must be able to follow directions in written and verbal form
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. consistently
- Demonstrated ability to handle paperwork, performing warehouse functions and working in a commercial freezer in as low as sub-zero (-15 degrees) temperatures
- Demonstrated ability to operate all warehouse equipment such as stand up and/or sit down forklift, walk behind pallet jack, electric pallet jack, floor scrubber, electric dock plates, etc
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and make simple mathematial computations
- Ability to communicate in English by speaking, reading and writing