The Core Values of Gibson Care, Inc (dba, Home Instead)
To Honor God in all we Do
To Treat each other with Dignity and Respect
To Encourage Growth in Ourselves and Others
To Build Value in our Service to Others
Objective of the Lead CAREGiver position:
The objective of the Lead CAREGiver is to provide positive impact to both clients and CAREGivers. Lead CAREGivers are the single point of coordination and communication with clients. They will ensure that CAREGivers are fully utilized as well as addressing any concerns. The Lead CAREGiver will provide positive impact to CAREGiver retention. The Lead CAREGiver is committed to helping the CAREGivers assigned to them to find success and fulfilment in being a CAREGiver. The Lead CAREGiver will perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Lead CAREGiver is responsible for scheduling clients and CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships.
- Reflect the core values of Gibson Care, Inc. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise).
- Reach out to our newest CAREGivers to ensure they have a successful start to their career with Home Instead. Ensuring the newest CAREGivers are fully scheduled and have a clear understanding of Home Instead policies and procedures.
- Provide support to CAREGivers in a safe environment.
- Conduct client/CAREGiver introductions using the Client/CAREGiver Introduction checklist.
- Conduct and document quality visits each time in contact with the client.
- Contact new clients in the first 90 days of services using the New Client Touchpoint checklist to ensure quality care.
- Scheduled touchpoints for clients and CAREGivers are documented.
- Check in with the CAREGivers(s) providing care to clients to confirm the plan of care is accurate.
- Communicate changes to members of the client care team and/or Service Coordinator.
- Confirm the client/CAREGiver match is successful.
- Ensure that all clients within the assigned territory are fully staffed/scheduled daily/weekly/recurring.
- Act as the emergency fill in CAREGiver for short notice open shifts or new client open shifts within the assigned territory-thus ensuring continuity of care for the assigned clients when the regular scheduled CAREGiver is not available.
- Emergency On call responsibilities of one night per week and one weekend per month and/or as scheduled.
- Coach CAREGivers as appropriate to ensure office standards and optimal client care is met at all times. Work with HR to ensure best practices are followed.
- Participate in quarterly CAREGiver meetings.
- Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary.
- Maintain no more than 70% in CAREGiver turnover.
- Maintain at least 91% in CAREGiver utilization
- Ensure 100% CAREGiver touch points after first shift, first week, first month are performed and documented for CAREGivers in assigned territory.
- Ensure 100% CAREGiver six month touch point by the assigned Lead CAREGiver per territory documenting specific criteria.
- Maintain compliance with Home Instead Training Standards
- Maintain client schedule two weeks in advance for 100% of clients (exception short notice add on, new clients, etc.)
- Maintain updated and accurate CAREGiver availability and personnel information.
- Utilize 100% of CAREGiver availability each week.
- Reduce CAREGiver overtime to no more than 2.5% per week/month.
- High school graduation or the equivalent.
- Listed as active on the NC NA1 registry (CNA) (or documented plan to complete CNA training and pass exam/be on register within six months).
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills.
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with office standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work.
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, CAREGivers and the community.
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment.
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must have the availability to work evenings or weekends as required.
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.