DescriptionFraud Security Engineer - Expert
The Fraud Engineering team is part of the Enterprise Fraud unit within Huntington Security Organization. The team is responsible for implementing fraud prevention strategies for new products and significant changes to existing products, focusing on the Digital space, as well as understanding, building, and implementing new functionalities and capabilities in the fraud space.
The Fraud Security Engineer position is responsible for prevention, detection, investigations, reporting and recovery of fraud across multiple payment channels. This role will specifically focus on building out controls related to strategy implementation and platform management, to ensure effective and accurate customer impacting fraud strategies.
We are seeking a candidate who has highly developed analytical skills; who is capable of understanding and simplifying large amounts of data from various data sources, leveraging and understanding new capabilities, and using data to draw conclusions. A successful candidate in this role will be a continuous learner with intellectual curiosity, who is comfortable with undefined or new processes. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in cybersecurity.Responsibilities
- Utilize various fraud prevention software tools and reports to monitor unconventional customer behavior and red flags that could indicate unauthorized card fraud, counterfeit check fraud, check kiting, account takeover, money laundering, forgery, identity theft and other account related fraud
- Manage and optimize fraud prevention strategies, with a holistic approach encompassing customer on-boarding, authentication, and transaction monitoring
- Research fraud trends and define tactical/strategic fraud rules to mitigate customer impact and reduce losses
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring of rule performance to ensure appropriate level of risk and positive customer experience is maintained
- Assess and ensure the accuracy of new strategies and profiles required to support fraud and account takeover assessments to support new products and/or the use of new functionality available.
- Must be able to take a balanced approach to solving business issues, including ability to weigh trade-offs between losses, revenue, overall profitability, and delivering an exceptional experience for Huntington customers
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree
- A minimum of 5 years of direct Fraud prevention experience in an enterprise environment
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial services or ecommerce industry
- Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
- Bachelor's degree in a technical specialty: cyber security, computer science, or similar field is preferred but is not required, or equivalent work experience
- Preferred experience in data analytics and reporting using SAS / Python
- Preferred experience in SQL using various tools such as SQLdeveloper, etc.
- Experience with NICE Actimize vendor products a plus
- Experience with and understanding of Digital banking products a plus
- Experience creating Tableau dashboards
- Thorough level of knowledge and/or proven record of success as an individual contributor or team leader involving fraud risk, fraud prevention and detection, and/or data analytics
- Experience investigating fraud and conducting fraud root cause analysis to identify opportunities for control improvement
- Solid understanding fraud risks and the related controls in ecommerce, payments, and/ or banking industries
- Experience designing fraud risk management strategies to reduce losses; developing fraud detection rules and models; analyzing the operational efficiency and friction created by fraud controls
- Knowledge of emerging technologies; ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments
- Understanding fraud prevention and detection vendor landscape and experience assessing vendor solutions for fraud risk management
- Current knowledge of the latest cyber security trends, online threats, and fraud methods
- Ability to identify inefficiencies in internal controls and applications that could result in potential fraud
- Ability to independently prioritize a book of work across competing priorities and projects, while consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and credibly with senior stakeholders and clients
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position