Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food. Summary
The Manager of Industrial Engineering manages the industrial engineers tasked with developing, researching and implementing cost reduction opportunities. The main focus will be yield, labor, and throughput improvements in each facility. Assists the VP's and Director of Operations in eliminating wastes in interoperation activities.
This position will be based at our Concord, NC Processing Plant. They will manage several direct reports at various locations.
Relocation Package is available! Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Minimum Education and Experience
- Provides a safe, secure and productive work environment for our associates at all Company sites.
- Selects and trains a strong and motivated technical resource staff to support the Company in the industrial and process engineering effort.
- Provides the Industrial Engineering Department the support required for, evaluating processes, determining the best process to achieve objectives, and implements changes that improve the Company's bottom-line through reduced labor, reduced waste, and improved quality.
- Produces and provides projects that are on time and on budget through good Engineering and Industrial Engineering practices that will increase productivity, yield, and quality, while reducing cost of production.
- Provides guidance to the VP's and Directors of Operations and their management teams in developing solutions and budgets for improving processes, maintaining facilities, and innovative problem solving.
- Provides Industrial Engineering guidance to project managers and project engineers. Demonstrates and teaches development of skills for advanced problem solving.
- Trains project managers and continuous improvement managers on industrial engineering techniques and processes to help associates identify and implement cost reduction opportunities as they arise.
BachelorsDegree, or equivalent related work experience in Industrial, Manufacturing, Process Engineering or related discipline, plus 10 years of engineering-related work experience is required. Technical experience in poultry processing equipment, project management, and equipment layout is a must. Track record in problem solving, negotiating, managing people, and establishing and meeting schedules is required. Must be able to travel to remote facilities and/or offices for meetings. Frequent plant and project site visits are required; travel is extensive. Must have adequate computer skills with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is active. On the floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine. May need to move equipment occasionally. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. Work activity is where the processing equipment is located. Work environment includes, but is not limited to, a normal office environment and construction site as well as climate extremes found in a poultry processing operation, feed mill, hatchery and a waste water treatment facility.Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities.When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.Must be able to work in confined and or permit required confined spaces and heights.Must be able to work on and or around operating equipment.Must be trained and use Lockout/Tagout Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.