Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food. Summary
We are actively searching for our nextDirector of Continuous Improvement to join our team. A summary of responsibilities include:
- Develop long term strategy and vision for the CI function.
- Delivers impacting results to the organization through implementation of an effective Continuous Improvement Model.
- Works with organizational leadership to develop appropriate strategies for each location.
- Develops Continuous Improvement leaders through training and hands-on implementation
- Promotes a results driven culture with a high level of associate engagement
- Utilizes appropriate technology and analytics to promote data driven decisions
- Leadership in the development of Standard Work and Management Operating Systems
- Ensures a balance of activity within all 4P's
- Travels between various locations in order to effective support the location and build sustainable relationships.
- Provide mentoring for regional manages and the CI team.
This person will be ideally based out of Concord, NC. We will also consider candidates located inSalisbury MD. Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the Company Continuous Improvement Process by becoming a business partner with operations management and functional leaders working with them to identify opportunities, develop solutions, and implement agreed to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develops and implements Continuous Improvement Best Practices and institutionalize throughout the organization. Pilots new processes and methods and extend to all facilities.
- Insures deliverables support of the 4-P's. People (turnover, increased collaboration, engagement), Products (consistency in products, quality of products, reliability of service), Planet (reduce, reuse, recycle), Profitability (support the attainment of key initiatives). Also supports efforts to become competitive and support the Company's strategic plan.
- Collaborates across functions to insure consistent implementation of new, improved processes and establishes measurable criteria to insure desired results are obtained. Will also potentially influence capital spend in all facilities as improvements are identified. Provides management with updates via tracking reports on project progress, in line with set priority and timing targets.
- Identifies training needs relating to Continuous Improvement for facilities and functional groups and assists in the deployment of agreed to training techniques, content, and timing
- Develops effective influential relationships with corporate management, senior executives, first line associates, and operations management at all levels.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise wide productivity financial report that tracks potential and actual savings verse projected and or committed savings rolled into the annual plan.
- BS degree or equivalent related work experience in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Business Management or related discipline plus 10-15 years related work experience.
- Master Black Belt or Black Belt certification.
- 10-15 years of related experience.
- Experience should include successful employment record ofimplementation of continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Lean principles, TQM, SPC, PIP and QIP.
- Required to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or business.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Experience working in multi-lingual environments
- Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Forms
- Knowledge of Standard Work Platforms
- Microsoft Power Platform: Power Apps, Power BI, and Power Automate
Position is mostly in plant environment but requires office work and extensive travel.
May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
Work activity is mostly in plant environments.
When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
• May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
• May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
• May be exposed to all chemicals found in poultry, food and processing plant.
• Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.