The Director of Supplier Quality leads and manages the global Supplier Quality department and is accountable for ensuring supplier products (raw materials, components, FG) adhere to Peloton's Quality requirements. The Director role is responsible for driving departmental strategy, budget, improvement initiatives, and creating an organizational structure capable of achieving Peloton's strategic long term growth plans. This role will partner heavily with Sourcing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and other Quality teams. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of Quality. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor and lead a diverse global supplier quality team
- Establish vision and organizational framework for comprehensive global supplier quality coverage
- Coordinate with Sourcing and Supplier Development leadership to ensure unified global supplier risk and onboarding procedures
- Establish framework for supplier data monitoring, contract enforcement, and execution of site and process audits for new and existing suppliers
- Ensure that all critical supplier processes are established and under control through use of capability analysis, risk management, control and monitoring systems
- Establish robust system for non-conformance and SCAR issuance and resolution with an emphasis on closed-loop root cause and corrective actions
- Partner with supply chain leaders to set measurable improvement targets for critical suppliers and participate in critical supplier reviews on a regular cadence
- Work with Field Quality and Finance teams to create a pipeline for tracking supplier defects and performing charge backs
- At least 8+ years experience in Quality leadership roles
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coaching, and developing a quickly growing global team
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and ensuring budgetary alignment
- Understands the art of nuance and has strong communication skills with ability to align other functional leaders and teams around vision. Confident in presenting to executives on fast moving programs
- Team player and highly motivated to make a difference
- Change maker with bias for positive action
- Flexible and agile; able to pivot to changing circumstances and business demands
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management systems, SCARs, and 8D process
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis
- Black Belt certification, a plus - must be familiar with lean practices
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
"Together We Go Far" means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.