We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
You are a diamond and Zales celebrates that fact! We recognize that every one of our jewelry consultants has a unique sparkle, and we find ways to empower them to help our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love. Zales is part of Signet Jewelers, a purpose-driven company who believes love inspires love. Signet is also "Great Place to Work-Certified" . There are brilliant career paths awaiting you – rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire love. Join us!
STORE MANAGER Title:
Store Manager Reports To:
District Manager Reporting to this Position:
Assistant Store Manager, Jewelry Consultant, Sales Support and Inventory Control Basic Function:
Direct the daily operation of assigned Store to achieve sales and profit through leadership and training in accordance with Company standards, policies, systems, and procedures. Minimum Requirements:
- Completion of Information Security Awareness Quiz with a passing score
- Completion of Safety First Quiz (Akron-Based Team Members) or the 2016 Key Safety Curriculum (Dallas-Based Team Members) with a passing score
- No Code of Conduct written counseling within the past six months
- Met all expectations (Akron-based Team Members) or Achieved Requirements (Dallas-based Team Members) on last Performance Appraisal
- Completion of Minimum Training Requirements training module and completion of the Minimum Training Requirements Quiz, with a passing score, which are located on the Signet Learning Portal
- Attains sales and profit projections as set by the Company. Maximizes the sales and standards performance of all Team Members. Leads by example by exceeding Company performance standards, including special events and promotions for self and Store.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all Company policies and procedures in support of the Company's business objectives, Corporate Mission Statement, Guest first philosophy and full compliance of systems.
- The position is responsible for monitoring GEI performance within the assigned Store to make certain effective implementation of the Corporate initiative.
- The position is required to cultivate and maintain productive relationships at all levels, making certain there is an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- This position has the daily responsibility for the operation, staffing, recruiting, succession planning and sales leadership within the assigned Store. Consistently recruits and hires Team Members through effective interviewing and screening.
- Responsible for maintaining the following work schedule: Minimum of 48 hours per week, Store hours on Friday, minimum of three nights per week, Saturday until 5:00 p.m., minimum of every other Sunday, Store hours during special events and key selling times of the year or as business needs require.
- Establishes a positive, professional results oriented work atmosphere. Conducts himself/herself in a manner that will influence and earn the respect of Team Members and management. Maintains a neat, professional appearance in keeping with the established Dress Code Policy.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Team Members and management. Encourages Team Members to participate and offer ideas.
- Contributes to an environment of total Guest satisfaction by making the Guest's needs a first priority.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- Effectively delegates assignments and follows up to verify completion. Provides assistance and training as necessary.
- Maintains the neatness and cleanliness of the sales floor, office, windows and storage areas.
- Recruits and selects Team Members to Company standards and guidelines. Matches individual abilities to the position requirements.
- Embraces and implements all Company selling tools and technology as outlined by the Company's current and future strategy. Provides expert knowledge regarding quality, value, warranties and services.
- Follow all Company policies and guidelines through the hiring process, including applications, employment surveys and compensation requirements.
- Strictly enforces all corporate Time Records policies.
- Maintains daily focus among all Team Members on performance standards achievement.
- Fosters an environment of recognizing and developing Team Members through regular and consistent one-on-ones.
- Monitors the completion of all training programs assigned to Team Members in the Signet Learning Portal.
- Evaluates Team Member performance to determine progress and identify developmental needs. Counsels and assists Team Members to instill the highest standards of effort and output.
- Conducts regular Store meetings in an effort to keep Team Members well informed about Company policies and procedures. Advises Team Members of all upcoming special events (i.e. promotional events, diamond events, etc.) and promotions. Executes the necessary planning and preparation to guarantee the success of those events.
- Conducts special event meetings and trains Team Members to achieve special event goals.
- Knows and trains all Team Members on features and benefits of the merchandise, providing expert knowledge regarding quality, value, warranties and services. Utilizes Store technology as a sales tool.
- Required to attend annual Managers' Leadership Conference.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Achieves profit goals as determined by the Company by controlling markdowns, expenses, payroll and Design & Service Center utilization.
- Oversees the sales floor, office and inventory functions. Reviews and signs off on all documents and reports being utilized by these areas. This includes, but is not limited to, Merchandise Piece Counts, Deposits and call logs.
- Monitors the saleability of the merchandise (i.e. ticketed properly, clean and properly displayed). Maintains a high level of security as defined in the Loss Prevention Security Manual at all times.
- Effectively delegates assignments and responsibilities to Team Members and closely supervises their completion. Provides assistance and training as necessary.
- Advises District Manager of merchandise requirements and excesses. Compiles and follows up on Guest requests. Also advises management of practices and activities of competitive companies.
- Responds promptly and accurately to all management directives, requests for merchandise transfers, inventories and requests for information. Strictly adheres to Company guidelines pertaining to discount policies.
- Follows Company guidelines regarding window and showcase displays as outlined in the Visual Selling System and Promotion Books/Sign Changes. Advises management of Guest comments and responses to advertising programs.
- Makes certain all credit applications are verified and that credit guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- Keeps management informed of the marketing, merchandising and credit programs of competitors within the area.
- Maintains high level of Guest service and followup while utilizing Clienteling.
- Coordinates Guest calling efforts by Store Team Members adhering to corporate policies.
- Follows and enforces the Signet Social Media Policy.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism to Guests and Team Members by displaying integrity and honesty at all times, and by enforcing and adhering to Company policy as defined by Signet in various manuals and in the Code of Conduct.
- Ability to achieve outstanding sales performance and to lead and train by example.
- Display a positive and enthusiastic attitude so as to inspire and motive others to achieve and attain goals.
- Excellent planning, organizational, delegation and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently without immediate supervision.
- Ability to accept responsibility and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize the duties of others.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Display a professional approach and image.
- Ability to understand and thoroughly explain detailed information.
- Willingness and ability to effectively provide positive and constructive feedback as needed and communicate praise and constructive feedback as needed.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to communicate, understand and empathize with others.
- Willingness and ability to accept responsibility, to make decisions and to delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to motivate, persuade and influence the actions of others.
- Ability and willingness to apply the personal effort and time necessary to attain goals and objectives.
Signet Jewelers is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of all levels of employees. Please know that while we appreciate every applicant's interest, we can only contact those selected for further consideration.
Signet maintains an online registry system to encourage all interested employees to apply for careers in the management positions listed in this registry, and to ensure equal opportunities for advancement to all Signet employees. We particularly encourage women and minorities who are interested in management opportunities at Signet to participate in this program and use this online registry system to express your interest in a management position. Registration in this online system does not guarantee a promotion, but is necessary for consideration for any promotional opportunity to a management position listed in this registry.
Note: For internal candidates, please complete your Professional Profile in Workday by clicking on your picture or the cloud then select "Job" and "Professional Profile". Enter your entire job history, education, skills and internal projects. To add your Military Service and tenure, select "Personal" and click "Edit."
Don't forget, we have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!