SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Seasonal Program - RN Registered Nurse
Progressive Care Unit
Seasonal PRN Program Runs 8/01/2021 through 03/26/2022
• $62.00/hour base pay
• $4,000 Completion Bonus
• 16 week Commitment
• Weekend and Holiday Requirement
• Minimum of 72 hrs per pay period (6 shifts)
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2021-2022 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2020-2021.
- Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
The Progressive Care Unit / ICU Stepdown RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
- Must have a minimum of one year recent experience as an RN in PCU, ICU, or Critical Care in a hospital environment
- Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.