POSITION SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapist will primarily provide outpatient rehabilitation services in an in-home setting for the older adult population. The in-home setting could be a patient's private residence or in a patient's room in a SNF/NF, in an assisted living facility, or in an independent living facility. Vitality to You allows the Occupational Therapist to evaluate and treat in the most functional environment which is the patient's home. The Occupational Therapist organizes and conducts occupational therapy programs for the agency to facilitate rehabilitation. In addition, he/she directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. The Occupational Therapist facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
1. As necessary or applicable, supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards.
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as well as work related meetings.
3. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
4. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team, including the community physician, to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
6. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of individual patient.
7. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
8. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
9. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment as necessary.
10. Puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
11. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the occupational therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as:
* cognitive skills
* muscle strength
* perceptual abilities
* sensory awareness
* sitting and standing tolerance
* activities of daily living
* joint protection
* work simplification
* physical agent modalities
* low vision
* falls risk management
* medication management
* health and wellness
* community integration and reintegration
* Case Management skills in the home and community space
12. Designs, fabricates, fits and/or applies adaptive devices, and trains patients in the use of adaptive devices included orthotics and prosthetics.
13. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
14. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for participation in functional activities and evaluates patient progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
15. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to modify/progress plan of treatment.
16. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee Handbook.
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our diversity.
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more importantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee. I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's successes.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
We strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package including Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision Care, Wellness Program, Telemedicine Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Company-Paid Group Life Insurance, Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability, Group Auto and Homeowners Insurance, Pet Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Commuter Benefits, Modified Compensation (Mod Comp) or pay in lieu of benefits, and Planned Time-Off (vacation, personal, sick, and state sick). Such benefits, as well as bonus and variable compensation plans, are based on applicable state law and factors such as pay classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade, location, and length of service.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. He/She must be a graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited by AOTA & ACOTE standards. 2. He/she must have initial registration from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.3. He/she must be able to practice occupational therapy per state guidelines.4. The Occupational Therapist must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of practice.5. He/she must have CPR certification per GRS standards.6. He/she must have a valid driver's license.
Position Type: Casual/Per Diem
Req ID: 371414
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services