Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are HUE (Honeywell User Experience), a team responsible for delivering differentiated designs that strengthens the Honeywell brand, and provides additional value and growth for our products. We need strong team members who can handle multiple ongoing programs that result in great experiences for our users.
Deliver an end-to-end user experience across all user touch points for our Productivity Solutions and Services products, using well established human-centered design principles to ensure that Honeywell products and applications are the most useful, usable and desirable products in the marketplace. You will work closely with business leadership to develop brand strategies, product roadmaps and brand design languages.
You will collaborate with other interaction designers, user researchers, industrial designers, graphic designers and engineers on interfaces ranging from web to handheld and wearable products. You will create outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span multiple touchpoints and users to create design strategies and advanced design concepts. Learn the skills of facilitation to support collaborative engagements and co-design with real customers. Key Responsibilities:
YOU MUST HAVE
- Collaborate in projects with other UX/UI designers, industrial designers, researchers, offering managers and engineers, to create low-fidelity to high-fidelity renderings, mockups and prototypes.
- Research to define requirements and test the usability of the result.
- Create visual designs that align with Honeywell's design language system.
- Systematically and logically cluster functional and design requirements.
- Product development based on human-centered approach.
- Facilitate working sessions between business and engineers.
- Communicate status of design deliverables in meetings and business tools (e.g. Jira).
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years' experience in user experience design
- Creation of wireframes, visual design concepts, and functional designs
- Experience using UI design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Axure, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision)
- Experience defining personas, user journeys and use cases.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- The ability to map business requirements to compelling, innovative user experiences.
- Experience acquiring a deep understand users' needs, designing intuitive solutions that support ease-of-use, and advocating for the users on a continual basis.
- Experience with observational research and usability testing.
- Demonstrated experience scoping, planning and executing projects in accordance with an iterative development process.
- Some experience with Lean UX and iterative/Agile design methods.
- Some experience with design trends, benchmarking, forecasting and concept creation.
- Some experience with project planning, scoping and execution in a phase-gate and/or Agile environment.
- Curious, flexible, highly self-motivated people, with good interpersonal skills and a can-do/positive attitude when working under pressure.
- JOB ID: HRD130033
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9680 Old Bailes Rd,Fort Mill,South Carolina,29707-7539,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.