Store Manager - Full-time / Part-time
Reading, PA 19605
If you are a high energy, outgoing person who loves to help and lead others and is looking to join a leadership team that is committed to creating a great place to work and even better shopping experience for our guests, this job is for you! Managers In Training will train with and learn from our finest leaders how to successfully manage the day to day responsibilities of running an EG America convenience store location. Managers In Training can expect to spend time with a Training Manager and Supervising Manager during their training, working various shifts as they learn about our company, our retail team, our vendors and our guests. This role supports the Store Manager and other team members in delivering an exceptional guest shopping experience
During official training weeks, Managers In Training will work alongside Training Managers, gaining insight and best practices for managing a convenience store location. During supervisory weeks (in between training weeks) Managers In Training will work a variety of shifts, alongside team members putting their leadership training to practice. After training has been completed, Managers In Training will become part of our bench leadership team, helping other Store Managers and District Managers to fill in for Store Manager absences until assigned to their own store.
- Greet all guests in a friendly manner to make them feel welcomed, appreciated, and always “make it right” for our guests. Effectively operate the register, processing sales transactions in an efficient and friendly manner to minimize guest wait time.
- Effectively demonstrate leadership attributes to include: building and maintaining trust with the store team by setting clear and measurable goals, holding self and others accountable, and communicating frequently and effectively.
- Assist Store Manager with building and developing a strong store team: training, scheduling, coaching, offering feedback on performance of the team – working collaboratively with the Store Manager, and supporting a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values.
- Partner with Store Manager to achieve operational excellence, and hit financial objectives.
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the store (inside and out) ensuring that the coffee station is clean and stocked; the food service area is spotless and the bathrooms are sparkling clean, delegating and directing team to maintain condition levels up to Company’s standard.
- Monitor product levels on the sales floor, including coolers and freezers, rotating stock and keeping product levels full so that we have what our guests’ desire and achieve the Company goal of 100% in-stock at all times.
- In locations that offer hot food - Assist the Store Manager by overseeing quality control, merchandising, safety programs and other guidelines in place for successful food service operation. Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Store Manager or District Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the Store or District Manager.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Store team members, Store Manager, District Manager, and various Corporate personnel and vendors
Minimum Education: High School or GED
Minimum Experience: 1 year retail or food experience
Preferred Experience: 1 year in retail, guest service or restaurant, in a leadership role
Preferred Licenses/Certifications and Skills: ServSafe /Food Safety certification a plus but not mandatory
- Comfortable talking and interacting with guests and team members
- High energy
- Ability to move from one activity to another quickly
- Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help others
- Computer skills are helpful
Scheduling: This position is full-time and involves working a variety of hours, day and night, as EG America locations can be open 24 hours depending on the store. Weekend & Holiday hours are required.
Hours & Conditions: Full-time – 40 regular hours maximum with 5 hours overtime required
Travel: 5%. Ability to deliver deposits to the bank independently (where applicable) and have own vehicle to do so.
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip and work in cooler (cold temperatures). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other: Specialized attire required in food establishments (hats or visors, gloves etc. provided)
in Reading, PA
Est. $10.98 - $17.28 Full-time, Part-time Reading, PA 19605 Urgently Hiring $19.50 Full-time Leesport, PA 19533 $19.50 Full-time Reading, PA 19605
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT MANAGER
Est. $9.12 - $22.88 Full-time, Part-time Temple, PA 19560
Assistant Store Manager
Est. $19.41 - $30.50 Full-time, Part-time Reading, PA 19601
Early Morning Stocker
Est. $10.99 - $16.01 Part-time Temple, PA 19560
SALES FLOOR ASSOCIATE
Est. $8.89 - $14.62 Full-time, Part-time Temple, PA 19560
Est. $19.41 - $30.50 Full-time, Part-time Leesport, PA 19533
Est. $19.41 - $30.50 Full-time, Part-time Reading, PA 19604
Easy apply retail supervisor jobs
in Reading, PA
Full-time, Part-time Lebanon, PA 17042 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Harrisburg, PA 17111 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Harrisburg, PA 17111 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.59 - $16.65 Full-time, Part-time Lebanon, PA 17042 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.01 - $17.80 Full-time, Part-time Harrisburg, PA 17112 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Mount Joy, PA 17552 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Palmyra, PA 17078 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Harrisburg, PA 17103 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.98 - $17.28 Full-time, Part-time Reading, PA 19605 Urgently Hiring