The UPS Store
Now accepting applications for The UPS Store in New Iberia. We are looking for a customer friendly person for a part time position. Flexible hours and will work around school schedules.
The Part-Time Center Associate delivers world-class customer service to all retail customers by receiving and processing packages for courier shipment and operating copiers, fax machines, binding equipment, laminating machines, and point-of-sale devices. The Associate expertly advises our valued customers by providing accurate information on our array of products, services, and best-value options and exhibits confidence by knowing best practices related to the industry.
The ideal candidate has previous retail sales experience, strong computer and internet skills, a high school diploma or GED, a friendly and genuinely helpful demeanor, and a professional appearance. He or she must be a fast learner who makes an effort to learn all aspects of the business in the shortest possible time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Smile. Greet customers and determine how to exceed their expectations.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through customer interaction and quality product delivery.
- Receive, sort and place mail in mailbox modules accurately.
- Record all sales transactions on POS and accurately process cash, check, money orders and credit card transactions. Print reports as requested.
- Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and products.
- Operate all other software packages.
- Receive and process packages for courier shipping, including lifting and weighting packages on scale, accessing Manifesting software, generating labels and retrieving from customer's vehicle when requested.
- Assist in merchandising the center, including: stocking shelves with product, ensuring a clean and orderly appearance of product, informing appropriate personnel of inventory levels for re-ordering supplies, being informed of product specifics (i.e. warranties, durability claims, pricing, etc.)
- Close out of POS to include: reconciliation of cash, checks, money orders, credit cards, and all other transactions accurately and in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment and all other office machines in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Help customers operate office machines.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Must have your own transportation.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.