RN Transplant Coordinator - UNC Liver Post Transplant
Job ID: 7659
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Apply Now >
Did you know UNC Health has Ranked #2 Most Trusted Healthcare Brand in the U.S.? The UNC Health brand was ranked as the #4 healthcare brand in the United States overall and the #2 most trusted healthcare brand, just after Johns Hopkins and before Mass General. Join our One-Great-Team!
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Transplant Coordinator coordinates solid organ (heart, lung, heart- lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, and multi-organ) transplantation of all pediatric and adult organ recipients. The Transplant Coordinator provides follow-up and care across the continuum from pre-transplant, during transplant and post transplant. S/he collaborates with members of the health care team to enhance patient care by developing, supporting and educating nursing staff. S/he is a clinician, educator, investigator, consultant and leader. S/he makes clinical judgments based upon a synthesis of current research, concepts, principles, theories, and outcomes to solve complex problems. The Transplant Coordinator is an integral member of a larger multi-disciplinary team contributing to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and in providing leadership to the organization.
1. Collaborates with the transplant program administrator in short, intermediate, and long range planning for the transplant program through regularly scheduled staff and individual program meetings
2. Continuous Quality Improvement. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the transplant program?s CQI efforts that focus on maximizing the outcomes for both patient and graft survival. Reviews patient resource utilization with administrative and clinical staff to identify areas for improvement. Participates in the development and improvement of clinical pathways.
3. Education. Educates patients and their families about the transplant process and what to expect during each phase of the transplant. Responsible for planning and acquiring or designing educational materials, and presenting educational programs to patients and staff, other professionals, the community and outside agencies.
4. Patient Care-- Oversees and/or coordinates the clinical, phychosocial and financial needs of the transplant patient. Coordinates pre-operative tests and consults to determine transplant candidacy and maintains the program's waiting list which includes providing regular follow up on patient status while waiting for transplant. Facilitates transplant by organizing patient and transplant team. Monitors inpatient status, discharge needs and followup care per program standards
5. Regulatory compliance--documents and maintains patient transplant information in the electronic medical record with current data and required information to ensure regulatory compliance.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity : UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit : Liver Post Transplant
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Day Job
Location of Job : US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.